Added several new strains and breeders
Adjusted pH to slowly rise over the course of the grow
Adjusted fan speed to be reduced for seedlings

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like

Hi Stephen,

Please try this link http://www.oceangrownseeds.com

Let me know if we can do any of those strains!

Thanks!

That’s one slick website with some beautiful pics! I’ll check them out in more detail and see if any of these strains make the next update.

Best,
Stephen

4 posts were split to a new topic: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Can you create a recipe for 24k gold (kosher kush x tangie)? Thank you.

1 Like

Hi. I ordered Peach Puree CBD FEMINIZED Seeds (G13 Labs) from True North. Their site says 55-60 days flowering time. The Grobo recipe seems to indicate 122 days. Curious why such a big difference. Thanks for clarifying.

Hi Stephen,

Did you have an opportunity to confirm if any of the recipes from the site above would be a go for the next round of uploads?

Thanks!

Hi Rahn,

Great question. The flowering time does not equal the growing time. In each recipe, the seed needs to germinate, go through the teenage years (seedling stage) and grow bigger through the vegetative stage, where the roots expand, plant training takes place and the plant branches grow stronger. Then we flip the lights to 12/12 to begin the flowering stage. For this recipe I have a 14 day transition, followed by a 60 day flower period. I end the recipe with a 10 day flush. This will give the grower plenty of time to determine when is best to harvest the plant. Remember that strain ‘flower times’ are guidelines and require the grower to make the final determination of ripeness.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

Hi Rich,

Several of them look interesting. I’ve reached out and will update if any ‘testers’ come my way. What strains are your wanting to try? I’ve been thinking about putting up a vote here for 5 - 10 strains that I can add per update. Thoughts?

Stephen

3 Likes

Hi Stephen,

Let me know how they respond and we can move from there as far as which strains. I’ve not really had the opportunity to breakdown their entire catalog just yet.

As for the 5-10 range, I believe that’s fair, how often would we be able to expect these updates to occur? Should we look into starting a running list of what the community members want and from there as you have time or however you see fit?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Rich,

I’ll certainly keep you posted. I’m not sure how often I’ll be updating the list, every couple months it seems so far. My focus lately is the notifications which are currently being tested in the lab. I’m really excited about them, as they give the Grobo a bit of a ‘voice’. A new thread that focuses on recipe requests is a great idea. We can add a poll there every month to whittle it down to top 10?

Stephen

4 Likes

@Stephen Just got my grobo today… I was looking for the g13 pineapple express (auto). I was wondering if i can use the G13 pineapple hybrid? Good idea or bad idea?

Hey Stephen,
Can you add these to the recipe list?

• Citrus skunk fem
    -Purple kush auto

both bought from Canuk. Many thanks!

Hi Jamminbear,

Great question! You can use a photoperiod recipe for an auto plant, but I certainly wouldn’t recommend it. The big difference is the autos flip over to flowering on their own and the photoperiod dependent strains need the lights to change to 12 hours on, 12 hours off to trigger flowering. Growing an auto on a photoperiod recipe will produce smaller buds than using the correct auto recipe. So in short, bad idea.

I recommend using the Cannabis-Auto-Generic, 71 day recipe for your Auto Pineapple Express.

Best,
Stephen

2 Likes

Hey Stephen,
I bought Cotton Candy Kush to grow since indoor grow time is 8-9 weeks (checked this on a few different sources), however, the app grow guide indicates 113 days (approx 16w) - is this difference normal/accurate?
Thanks,
J

Hi Jam,

As I responded to Rahn above…

Great question. The flowering time does not equal the growing time. In each recipe, the seed needs to germinate, go through the teenage years (seedling stage) and grow bigger through the vegetative stage, where the roots expand, plant training takes place and the plant branches grow stronger. Then we flip the lights to 12/12 to begin the flowering stage. Remember that strain ‘flower times’ are guidelines and require the grower to make the final determination of ripeness.

Growers can extend the vegetative grow time as long as they wish, producing huge 10 foot trees if they have enough time. The strains are marketed by their flowering time, which starts when the lights are flipped and ends at harvest time. These times are consistent across strains, and thus are the numbers you see on all of the breeder marketing material.

TLDR; Flowering time is 8-9 weeks, total grow time just under 4 months.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

2 Likes

@Stephen

What the chances we can get a strawberry recipe? :strawberry:

1 Like

Hi Rich,

A certain someone in the office has been wishing for a strawberry recipe too! Strawberries grown from seed present a couple unique challenges, but I’m up for it! I’ve been testing a couple different cultivars in the lab for some time now, so expect to see a couple strawberry recipes up by the end of the year.

Best,
Stephen

2 Likes

Haha I actually just posted about my strawberry experiment and this was the next thread I opened to catch up on.

They’re a pain to grow but I’ll let you know if it works. For now I’m just using a tomato growing recipe.

1 Like

Good day stephen,

My name is jerry and i will be receiving my growbo soon. I have some white widow x big bud from femaleseeds.nl could we get a recipie for this strain please. I want to start right away on day one. Thanks for all you all do.

Jery

2 Likes