Grobo germination

Hey all!

So just got my grobo and I was wondering if on day 2 of basically germination, I’ve noticed that the pump and lights are always on? Is this normal?

My other question is that when I planted my seed or basically inserted it in the coco pod I noticed that the pod seemed long and it was definitely touching the water? I’m assuming there should be a gap in between the pod and the water?

Thanks in advance all!!
Cheers
Eric

3 Likes

Hey Eric,

Not to worry, the pump will always remain on ( if it’s not on it can/will lead to big problems so pay close attention to it). Your lights are on schedule per the recipe you chose, they will be on continuously during germination.

I just had the same issue with my coco pod touching the water (also on my first grow). It turned out that I had improperly placed my reservoir lid. Can you confirm that you just set the lid on top and didn’t push it down so that it tightly sealed around the edge of the reservoir? It should be easy to lift up and down. I actually had mine shoved down in between the wall that separates the nutrient bottles from the reservoir :joy:. If you are able to post a picture it would definitely help diagnosing your issue!

4 Likes

Thanks for the response brother, very much appreciated! Here’s a pic of the covert, it seems to be seated on the right position. You’ll also notice how I had to bring the coco pod up a notch due to it being on the water. I raised it so now I have about 3/4" - 1" in between the bottom of the pod and the water, I used a measuring tape to confirm due to obviously not being able to see inside right…

Thanks again dude! :metal:t3:

3 Likes

@SWSVIC just to clarify, the coco pod should not be touching the water correct? Thanks.

3 Likes

Logically I would think it shouldn’t, because I’d assume the pod would get flooded and so would the seed… Bit just an assumption,I’m new at this, so my opinion doesn’t really matter! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I measured with a tape, from the bottom side of the top cover there’s approximately 3 1/4" until you reach the water. I could obviously see my pod was in the water so I gently squeezed it up just short of an inch. That’s why you’ll notice in my pic my pod sticks up from the top part of the cover, I was sure the pod sat flush, from now on I’ll measure. I even have an additional pod that’s even longer than this one. Measuring tape is key I think? Hi

2 Likes

That is correct it should NOT be touching the water. It should be suspended slightly above the water. You’re correct @dukz009, you run a significant risk of damping off with it touching.

4 Likes

That’ll work, good job :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks dude! Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Looks like @SWSVIC has got you covered! :+1:. Good luck on your germination @dukz009. What are you growing?

3 Likes

Hey Russ, for my first grow I decided to go with “Bomb seeds” out of Amsterdam. It’s called auto bomb. I know it’s a quickie but I wanted to do a quick test run before I get into more serious seeds.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Cool I’ve got a couple little ladies from Bomb Seeds ready to go outside

THC Bomb And Cluster Bomb

I’m hoping to try the cluster Bomb in the grobo sometime later in the year - it seems like it might be interesting in the grobo with the short spacing between nodes

3 Likes

Nice! They’ll be good looking plants for sure, I got an “atomic bomb” seed as a freebie but there’s no recipe… :frowning:

2 Likes

No worries about the lack of recipe @dukz009 there are generic recipes for indica, sativa, autos, and so on that will work just fine. The more of these threads you read the clearer it becomes that the recipes are essentially loose guidelines. You’ll need to watch your plant to figure out what she needs as far as resolving issues and growth stage timing. Also, we have the HUGE added advantage of having a bunch of pro-growers here on AG that are happy to advise on what to do and when to do it!

6 Likes

It won’t happen overnight but just make sure to request the recipe if you already haven’t, and might as well do the other one you had there too so that when you do go to pop that one the recipe is already there. You can just start it on the generic recipe like @SWSVIC has pointed out. I believe you get notified once your recipe is added. Or I’ve just fabricated this, but for some reason I think you do :thinking: …anyway lol what you can do is mid grow just end your “generic” and then pick your specific one and just push to roughly what stage you were in previously. If it sounds complicated it really isn’t, it’s quite the opposite actually, so when the time comes if you need help just reach out to the fellow champs or community, someone will point you in the right direction :+1:

5 Likes

That’s awesome dude, I did not know this! :metal:t4:

4 Likes

She’s started! My wife determined the plant will be a she. Thanks for the germination help guys, you guys rock! I’ll keep updating.

Eric

2 Likes

Where would one put in a request for a recipe?

1 Like

@dukz009,

• (Does this sight take you to your [LightSettings]):? :question:

• (20 Hrs. is what you’ll see for [Germination] [EarlyVeg.] [LateVeg.]):

• (12 Hrs. is what you’ll see for [Transition] [Flower]):

• ((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

• ((#TheMoreYouknow)): :brain:

image SWSVIC

• ((#ForTheWin)): :clap:

--

--

• (So Yes [18 Hrs] would be for an [Auto] Plant): :white_check_mark:

• (I cropped the photo above): :scissors: (#RequestRecipe):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/grobo-germination/5953/22?u=silvergrobo

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/stages-of-lights/5984/12

--

3 Likes

Hey all!

The light cycle is on for 18 hours, I’m assuming it’s that particular recipe?

2 Likes