Granddaddy Purp 1st Grow

Day 78
Flower (Day 12 /50)

Wazup Growers!!

Today was water change day. Next week will be a water change and her first flush. Since the water change is next Tuesday and the flush would be on Wednesday. I was thinking I would just push Tuesday’s water change to Wednesday. Just do the week 11 notification flush.
I’m a bit confused though. Am I to remove bottles 3, 4 & 5 for the last 4 weeks?
One more important question. Should I be removing any more leaves? I haven’t wanted to because I’m just not sure what I should do. So… I’ve moved those leaves over or away so expose more bud sites. I really wanna remove those leaves. Should I?? The last picture shows what I’ve done with some leaves to expose her potential bud sites…

Thanks!
Blessings health and wellness to all…

Oh here are her pics…

4 Likes

Sup grower.
I’m not trying to pop your balloons :balloon: here, but your girl is not even close to flush, bruh. I’m not a scientist or a doctor but as a fellow grower I recommend you extend flower for a few weeks…
Just like The Rolling Stones, time is on your side…

3 Likes

Dude… I’m down for her! She’s my princess! :crazy_face::call_me_hand:Whatever is right I’m so down to do!
I received the flush notification last week. I didn’t do it being that I had extended her for 2 weeks during late veg. From a bit of research and reading I decided I should postponed her flush.

So you think I shouldn’t even do the flush next week? She is currently on day 12 of Flowering. If I do it it would leave her 31 days with out bottles 3, 4 & 5. I didn’t think that was right.

Open to any advice!! And thank you!!!

3 Likes

No flush until she’s pretty much ready for harvest.

3 Likes

Yeah man you have another 4 weeks in flower I’d guess so extend that for sure. The notifications aren’t based on what stage of the grow you’re in and they don’t have an affect on the nutrients being dosed either. They’re released at which week you’re on. Soon you won’t get those because you’ll be past the recipes timeline. So just go by what day it says that you’re on so you’re on day 12/35 of flower for example.

2 Likes

Wazup Russ,

So from what the Grobo app said I’m on (as of yesterday) 12/50. Is it not really 50 days for flowering? Slightly confusing!

So I won’t be draining next week. I will just do the normal water change. After next weeks water change there will be approx 31 days left in flowering (4 weeks). Are you saying that I will need to extend for an additional 4 weeks? :man_shrugging:

Any suggestions on trimming her up a bit??

Thank you!!!

1 Like

No no sorry. Just looking at where you’re at your 4-5 weeks. And under ideal growing conditions you could go by the app but the general consensus has been extending through the stages. So you may need to extend further once you’re near the finish line. But for now don’t go by the notifications that you’re getting cause they’re not in sync with your girl now. So for the next 31 days at least she needs to receive nutrients :+1:

And why aren’t you doing a drain and fill next week you need to do one every week

4 Likes

Normal drain + fill every week with top ups as needed for the next 4 weeks. Ignore app prompts that say otherwise.

3 Likes

Let me start by saying I appreciate my fellow growers! You guys Rock!!!

@Hellyesshedid Top ups meaning small pruning? If so, can I and should I remove those big leafs she has?

@Russel_Richardson If I’m understanding… don’t listen to the notification time line. Let her keep going for the next 4 weeks before flushing her.

Ok… Some questions that have me rattled…

When she is ready to harvest how many weeks should she be without nutes?

Does removing her nutes help promote her budding?

1 Like

No top ups on water. Meaning when your in flower you should top up the water mid week.
And I wouldn’t go by the recipe really either from this point. You have to let the plant tell you when she’s ready. You’ll need to look at the trichomes to tell you when she’s ready for harvest. That’s why I said could be more than 4 weeks

2 Likes

Top up = add water to reservoir

Flush = Plain pH’d water being fed to plants so that nutrients already present in leaves get used up, resulting in a better taste/smoke.

Flush is 1.5 weeks (10 days) but you could choose to go longer if you want.

:pray:t3:

1 Like

And no she needs the nutrients to help her flower. So when you see that the trichomes are at where you want them relatively then you start the flush process

2 Likes

Day 81
Flower (Day 15 /50)

Wazup Growerz,

Just took a look at her. She’s looking good! She is smelling amazing! Once this grow is in the books. I really contemplating getting a 2nd Grobo. This experience is so DOPE!

Here’s a few pics.

10 Likes

How long did you extend her?

1 Like

Wazup!

I’ve only extended her once. It was during the late veg stage. She was extended for 2 weeks.

Day 84
Flower (Day 18 /50)

Wazup growers!

Just took a look at her. She looks pretty good. I feel like I need to remove some of those fan leaves just not sure if I should.

Here’s her photo shoot…

5 Likes

Looking good, interested to see what the pros say about trimming her up! Nice work my man!

4 Likes

Everyone defoliates differently. Its a personal preference.
I take mine off leaving one or two at the top of each branch.
But if your afraid you can read this to help decide…

4 Likes

Yeah like @Bplatinum9 said it’s preference really. You’re learning so you’ll see what you like and how plants respond. Idk if I’d touch her though. She’s got good spacing and there not a lot of foliage. Have you noticed that she’s not stretching anymore? If so what I would do is see if there’s anything you can do away with on the bottom again etc. You’re going to have a couple nice colas there by the looks of it, I’d want to pump them with everything possible lol. And again if you think there’s a couple leaves here and there that are blocking some key sites you can tuck them or just cut. I tend to only do one defoliation during flower though, you’re close to the 3rd week that I would do it but then after that I tend to not cut anything off if I can and just tuck if need be and then let her do her thing :+1:

4 Likes

Day 85
Flower (Day 19 /50)

Waz good growers!
@Russel_Richardson I read what you wrote and I totally understand! Thank you!
@Bplatinum9 thank you!!

Just did her Tuesday water change. According to the notification I received about 2 weeks ago I’m supposed to flush her and remove bottles 3,4,5.
From all the advice I won’t be doing the flush just yet.

Thanks everyone for always assisting!
Blessings health and wellness to all!

5 Likes