Germination

I’m germinating 2 seeds. One seed popped in 3 days the other seed got stuck in the seed hat and I had to remove it. Its not fully sprouted yet. But my Jean Guy seed sprouted too fast and its really stretched not sure what to do about it. I also noticed the tap root is not growing down its coming towards the surface. How do I fix this. I dont want it to die seeds are hella expensive.

1 Like

Paging: Doctor @Stephen:wink:

1 Like

What type of light are you using? If you are using low wattage LED move it closer to the seedling so it doesn’t stretch for the light.

2 Likes

I just added the light. Before it was in an incubator germinating in darkness. It popped in 3 days way faster than before

I’m using a vivosun 300w

1 Like

Look up what your recommended distance from canopy is In order to save stretch like @Azuri said

2 Likes

I have it at the height its supposed to be. I didn’t have it under a light before.

my new girls. See how shes stretched out… She needs a crutch

2 Likes

@Mcmanis,

((#TwoForDeal))… :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hearts:

2 Likes

I looked online it looks like I need to replant her for more stability. It says I can use a straw but I dunno. Her neck is way long and her root is not properly rooted I think Im gonna put her in my extra coco pod.

1 Like

I didn’t sprout for 13 days you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Hey stephen, during germination does the interior light stay on 24/7?

Lights on 24/7 is ok it’s oersonL preference there is not data showing that longer light schedules do any harm … I personally think a plant should sleep a little but it won’t hurt it

1 Like

While it might be ok I don’t think any recipes have a 24hour on cycle. First off I would unplug and plug your unit back in.

Also go to your setting and check where it says light settings as pictured below.

Send a support ticket in if the restart doesn’t fix it. Pretty sure it should be 20 hours on 4 hours off. Mine is 12/12 since it’s in flower.

1 Like

Hello Osage, so I had my first seed die in cocoa pod …tragic… I see that you germinated outside first ? My question is, if you do that would you also need to start the germinating stage in grobo at the same time as starting the dropping the seed in the water?

1 Like

Hi Stephen, I saw your response on this topic too and i had my first seed die in cocoa pod ,it looked as if the root completely got cut off from the seed? So I’m wondering if i use the shot glass method and see a the root pop would i also start the grow on the grobo as well as the same day that i put a seed in a shot glass ?

2 Likes

Hey @Manny,

Sorry I missed this question, the answer is yes. If you are starting your seed outside the Grobo, you can start a new grow in the app at the same time. Good luck with the transfer, be gentle!

Cheers,
Stephen

2 Likes

Do not make the same mistake that I made while checking a seed. Don’t try to pull it out, I broke off the tap root of a plant I was going to put in my tent a couple months ago. Wicked big buzz kill.

2 Likes