Germination problem

hello Growers
i m having a problem with my germination : its the second seed , the first one didnt germinate at all , the second one ( northern light auto ) its appear today , day 5, …but its look as its
almost died already ( dumping off ? ) -.
the problem may be is the new cocopad , i guess , its a bit longer then previuos one and probabaly its bottom was too weed .
or may be temperature and humidity , now its aorund 21/22 C
and humidity around 25%…
thanks for yr input …
cheers
Cris
p.s i pick up the cocopad a bit but i guess is too late …

3 Likes

It might not be too late for lifting the pod. You can use toothpicks if you need to get it up higher.

But I would also put in a ticket to support, they can help you troubleshoot what is going on.

5 Likes

I think it might be fine, give it time. They start out reddish/brown sometimes before the open up to show green inside. That looks normal to me

4 Likes

Hello Growers
Ciao Crash and Pyromancy
thanks x yr prompt reply , and input …
i guess you was right …now she look much better , ("!")
cordially
Cris

7 Likes

Awesome ! Congrats ! She’s a greenie

4 Likes

Congrats on new life!!

I would put a ziplock bag or a clear dome over her and allow a bit of airflow into it.
It looks like the 25% RH you reported is way too low for her to thrive, shoot for around 55-65%

3 Likes

Hello Growers ,
Hello Piromancy & Vicc ,

I provided an improvised cup to my plant ( with the pc that usually goes inside the reservoir + a small plastic wall ) , and a humidifier ( new one ) . i guess result is no bad .

But i wish became slowly , step by step , … more professional (“I”)… so what i shuold be equipped , as additionals tools , to have a grobo in line with you , growers ?

A) a control of the water reservoir for humidity and temperature
B) a new small humidifier to to install inside the grobo ( may be for next grow )
C) a professional plastic transparent cup with some air holes , mainly to control humidity in germination time .
D ) 1 or 2 small additional Fans to install inside grobo
E) Different airstone …to add or …to replace the existing one that may too smaller .
F) Nutrients matters …sincerly i m not x doping my plant …but may a small natural organic additive ( as hidroguard ) …any suggestion ?
G ) Co2 matter …especially growing a plant with lot leaves can be really helpfull to have a good yeld … but Co2 tank plus all accessoires are very expensive …can i start with somenthing else …may be ?

I start grow my first grow 10 months ago , in grobo and really is not a cheap hobby …but i enjoed it .
i bought since … ( microscopes n 3 ) , a new ROsmosi water machine , 2 scrog nets , magnetic hooks , a new Humidifier for exterior , 2 slots umidity and temperature control , wires for LST , full prow grow kit pls good stocks of grobo nutrients .

thanks for your info and inputs
Cordially
Cris

1 Like

A) a control of the water reservoir for humidity and temperature - This is a good one to buy, definitely a good idea to monitor the water temp… but Hydroguard will solve all problems regardless either way, but water temperature gauge are very cheap and inexpensive, so why not?

B) a new small humidifier to to install inside the grobo ( may be for next grow ) - WARNING: Do not do this. It can kill your unit. The humidity and mist inside the Grobo can fry the electronics.

C) a professional plastic transparent cup with some air holes , mainly to control humidity in germination time . - This would be cool to have, but not necessary imo. A humidifier that works well can do just as good imo but if you find a cup or dome to buy, wouldn’t hurt to have it I guess!

D ) 1 or 2 small additional Fans to install inside grobo - Yes to this, suggested for keeping pod dry/air flow for plant/preventing bud rot.

E) Different airstone …to add or …to replace the existing one that may too smaller . I would say if you have the money, buy an extra in case the Grobo one dies. In my experience the Grobo one works fine! I have two healthy plants using the normal airstone. Also, a back up air pump is recommended too because the air pump has been known to fail more than the airstones themselves.

F) Nutrients matters …sincerly i m not x doping my plant …but may a small natural organic additive ( as hidroguard ) …any suggestion ? - Definitely a yes to Hydroguard as this will help prevent any problems for root rot issues, especially if water temps get a little higher.

G ) Co2 matter …especially growing a plant with lot leaves can be really helpfull to have a good yeld … but Co2 tank plus all accessoires are very expensive …can i start with somenthing else …may be ? I wouldn’t worry about the Co2 just yet… especially if you don’t know your temperatures. The higher the temp the more Co2 can be used, but also you have to keep in mind that without an enclosed area like a grow tent it might be hard to utilize it properly as well. That’s up to you, for this grow I wouldn’t worry about it honestly…

Also, that humidifier seems pretty close to the Grobo… I would be worried that the mist is potentially going into the box and could cause some wetness/damage to the electronics. It might not, but it could.

I use my humidifier in the middle of my room raised up about 3-4 feet off the ground with a fan blowing on it to get it to mix in with the air. My room is about 22 x 14 (give or take a few feet) and it works great to get my humidity up.

That’s an interesting idea you have with the Grobo sensor cover… kinda multi purpose! Obviously, this is used to protect the sensors from the roots going that way, however, your plant is so small that the roots probably won’t be an issue yet… Just keep an eye on it and put it back in soon!

2 Likes