Germination 3rd attempt

Hi guys I’m sorry if this is a double post but I’m not sure how to plant this in the cocopod. It was my 3rd attempt and I used paper towel method.

3 Likes

Bud I think you gave this one a little too much time in the paper towel (for coco pod growing). You can still plant it but you will need to perform some surgery on your pod. Using a sterile razor blade you’ll need to make a slit all the way down one side of your pod half way through in depth. Then soak the pod, lay the seedling inside the cut with the tap root down. Then insert your pod into the reservoir lid and say 14 Hail Mary’s. Allow the grobo to run its full germination phase once it pops. Good luck!

5 Likes

I soak mine in distilled water for 12 to 24 hours, then I place it in the coco pod. By day 6 or 7, it pops through and you can see the stem.

4 Likes

Third times a charm!

5 Likes

Awesome. Did you plant the seed that “over germinated” or is that a new seed?

1 Like

Thats the over germinated one. I sliced the cocopod and let a small part of the root hang out the bottom and covered the rest. Was nervous yesterday as nothing came through but this morning she sprouted. Super excited. I’m running generic hybrid as there was no recipe for it.

4 Likes

Hell yea, way to go.

2 Likes