Generic hybrid first grow

@Stephen or another experienced grower, if I change light times from 1am to 9pm to 3pm to 11am will it affect plant growth? And when should I switch? Just looking to run grobo during cooler times of the day.

2 Likes

@LtcTerps,

((#ChangLightSettings)):

If it was me, I would do it when the light was on and change-away

I’m only going by the Grobo: The fan stays on all the time when they start-up in the grows…

:wink:

((#NoIdea)): :thinking:

1 Like

Hey @LtcTerps,

You can switch your light schedule over any time during vegetative growth with no issues. Great idea! Most old school growers run at night to reduce heat and cost of electricity. Not so much any more with LED’s, but every bit helps sometimes.

Be careful switching your light timing when you are in flower though, playing around there can have negative effects.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

Thanks for update I’ll switch her tonight and just have her pull an all nighter this once to get my light schedule most during night!

3 Likes

I currently have my tent schedule to run from 10pm til 10am to save on heat. My room is a lot cooler that way.

3 Likes

I have multiple lights for regular vegetables but my flowering cycle is 7 to 7. Makes a big difference on cost and heat for sure.

6 Likes

Love this idea @Mcmanis, how is the plant doing these days?

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like

Shes surviving 3 more weeks of flowering. Buds not very big because of heat stress but it wouldnt be my plant without some type of stress. Finally got the temp under control thanx to my chiller. My grobo plant is on the last day of extended transition. Flower starts tomorrow. I’m hoping for my first successful grow out of one of these plants.

3 Likes

Funny, that’s my setting also. Works perfectly for me and the hours I keep :joy: plus like Azuri said, cheaper on electric bill

4 Likes

Ending late veg switching to run late veg another 7 days in 2. Trimmed her up just now. Hopefully I’m not overheating anymore looks like I’ve got movement on #3 bottle now.

4 Likes

That’s a well manicure plant! Going to take some time to get some of that growth back. Typically only advised to remove 1/3rd of the foliage at time

What’s the cup in the corner?

1 Like

Big fan of a leaving a little stump to support the Bud sites later in growth and protecting the stem from potential infection :+1:

1 Like

Neem oil

2 Likes

Wowsers I wouldn’t take that much off at one time. No more than 20% at once is a pretty good rule of thumb

2 Likes

A buddy of mine that works in Cannabis field said it’d be fine to get canopy to even out. My first grobo grow so not to worried about it, more of a trial and error run. If I cut to much :man_shrugging: O well. Thanks for input will take it into consideration for next trim :call_me_hand: forgot to get pics of outdoor plants after trim. I’ll post them tonight :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Should I extend another 7 or switch to transition?

6 Likes

Hey @LtcTerps I’d def extend possibly more like 2-3 weeks. Were all your bottles at the same level at start of grow? If so bottle 3 doesn’t seem to be dispensing correctly. All speculation and the recipe might even call for it but in my three grows so far bottles 3 & 4 dispense evenly for the most part and are her main source of food. Maybe send in a ticket have um take a peak at your data. Cheers-

3 Likes

Thanks @Dew I’ll extend. I had a pinched line in cap of bottle up until last week so bit uneven. All good now :pray::+1:

2 Likes

9 Likes

Had these outside for a while now. I try to bring them in in certain situations which helps to take a nice photo :call_me_hand: learned my lesson trying to get some more lst on one of them and completely snapped branch right off stalk. Trying to clone it but I had no rooting agent and not so lucky with cloning(so far). :man_shrugging: First grow problems
O and probably shouldn’t have done so many in one tent :joy:

4 Likes