Gen 2 - Fresh Air Exchange

Does any know where/how fresh air is exchanged in the Gen 2?

With the elimination of the back wall fans and just having the new interior peripheral fan - where is new air exchanged?

Also, this new fan is so strong. When the old fans were barely perceptible. I can remember being told that you didn’t need much air blowing on the plant and they were designed to be mild. Why then is the new one blasting air all over the place?

Just trying to wrap my head around this Gen 2 and all it’s changes.

:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

I don’t have a Gen 2 but I would think it sucks out from the carbon filter on top… Air In it may pull from the back door

I prefer to have the extra airflow

2 Likes

So there is no longer a back door but looking now I can see where it probably is coming in.

I guess that makes sense. And yes, the air out via the Carbon Filter.

Maybe my fan is just too strong as it is in there rattling around. The Gen 2 was supposed to provide a quieter experience but having a Gen 1 and a Gen 2 side by side it’s clear that my Gen 2 is way louder.

I’m going to see if I can find a (not so strong) fan and swap them to see if that helps any.

Thanks for the reply Mark!

2 Likes

My fan is still hanging there, not even on I don’t think. :grinning: It is easily 10x stronger than what the original Grobo did. I was debating to add one myself too, but kind alike that this one is wired directly.

1 Like

Mine just feels like it way to strong and kinda in the way. I guess when the plant starts getting bigger it’ll have to be be moved below the canopy. Trying to get it to stop vibrating so much.

This just didn’t seem like a change that needed to happen. I liked the fans in the back that would gently bring in fresh air.

2 Likes

The only bonus I can see to less intake (Fans) maybe if someone wanted to buy the add on Co2 Gen 2 will hold it Ppm levels longer?

1 Like

There’s some logic there…

3 Likes

- - - [2021-12.21]:

@C453Y,

• (If You have The Fan Directed [Indirectly] At The Plant So, The Wind Can Blow Around The Unit, Will Be Better Than Right At The Plant, -Because- It Sounds As If Their Wasn’t A Fail-Safe [H/M/L] Adjustments On The New Grobo Fans):

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~