Gaia Green

@Mpower11 I’m making my list. I have a 12 plant drip manifold kit.
New tent and some phenotypes this round.
Do you biuld your roots in small to larg containers or start with a 15 gal pot?
I’m going with soil and 10% perlite like @Todd.grobo told me. My only confusion is if you plant small to larger containers until you get to the desired size. That’s my last question for awhile lol

2 Likes

@Merle_Carsten What I do is start in a solo cup drill a few drain holes in the bottom.

After about 10 days I will plant it into 1 gallon then 3 gallon then into its final pot. 5 gallon is the minimum I would grow but 7 to 10 is nice. Honestly depends on the space you have the bigger the pot the bigger the plant you can veg. Always be in your final pot before you enter flower.

I also want to say there is nothing wrong with starting in a solo cup and planting right into a 12 gallon pot or even bigger with organic’s. The only difference is it’s a bit harder to water correctly with a small plant in a big pot.

With organic going you never want your media super dry because that kills the soil if it’s to dry. But you also don’t want it super wet. Organic growing breaks the rules of wanting your pot super dry before watering again. Remember keep the soil alive and it will take care of the plant not you.

Also a nice practice is the water 2 rule. Water your plant until your see the smallest amount of water come out the pot. Remember with organic growing you really don’t want to leach.

Then wait 1 hour and water again. Stop the second you see 1 drop come out the pot. Watering with this will Ensure your soil is evenly watered with no dry spots in the soil. Dry spots kills soil.

Hope this helps if not let me know

3 Likes

Found it… Lost it for a minute TY

1 Like

Yes it does help… Thank You for all your help and know how. I can’t wait until I’m set up and growing. I’m going to go with a 5gal and not grow very big on my 1st grow. Then I’ll be able to understand without all the plants being huge and a job from hell to take care of it. Once I know and get my Grove on with this way of growing I’ll be doin my thing. Bigger plants and maybe I’ll be able to make my own strain like I planned… The only kind of sterile medium I can find is Peet’s moss and something else (bad memory) but it comes in a bail…
Everything else has pearl in it

Well I got the house out of Flint and hopefully I can find a stream for the plants. That’s when I’ll be setting up. Don’t wanna start a grow and have to move it. I’ve done it when I moved into this one at veg. I left them in the dark for 48 hrs and they kicked ass but I don’t feel a few more weeks will hurt. And I’ll have a lot more room to do my experiments and have both tent’s inside the same room. Right NEXT to me…

1 Like

I got everything but the soil. It’s not common here anyways…lol to get sterilized Soil without Pearl in already… But I have the pearl I’ve got worm castings… Gaia Green all-purpose veg and Bloom.
A decent timed watering system. But I’ll be packing it all up… Got a bigger home out of Flint Michigan. But I’ll be living behind the police station and they’re dicks in MtMorris Michigan. But I’ll have my Medical Marijuana Card ready ROLMMFAO. But I really don’t think they care I’m not a dealer anymore so no problem.
I’m retired and I wanna grow cool looking and high THC levels and CBD too. I think it’s the lost ingredient for real anointment oil as in biblical anointment oil. There’s a scientist that claims it is part of it and when you mix it up right it makes people feel better and every way but we’re not going to get into that anyways I got everything just having a hard time finding the soil would it be okay to have more than 10% pearl light in my soil?