Flush

I did exchange and decided to flush my plant so I drained and filled with no nutrients should drain and fill again?

1 Like

Kund of confusing, could you please elaborate. Are you in flush mode?

1 Like

Yes I’m in flush mode and right before I went into flush mode I drain and filled with only water no nutes

1 Like

In flush you don’t want nutes. The idea is that the plant now only takes up nute free water in order to flush out any nutrients which are still in the plant. If you don’t do this then your finished product will taste weird at best and more likely shitty. Not to mention it will be harsh as fk. “Flushing” your girl gets all the bad stuff (for humans) out the plant. Hope that helps. You could even take your nute bottles out except #’s 1 & 2 those are your ph bottles and the water still needs to be ph’d.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I did.I did a drain and fill with only the number 1 and 2 bottle connected and then entered flush mode

3 Likes

Perfect, well done. Only a short time now till harvest, drying, and then curing.:+1::v::joy::exploding_head::scream::beer::beer::beer::beer:

2 Likes

I’m getting my :popcorn:

3 Likes

I have read in certain circles that flushing a 2nd time is not harmful. Infact maybe beneficial as you have a better chance of flushing more nutrients from the rootball which retains some nutes. Option two just run the flush a a few extra days if your bud trichomes allow.

4 Likes

Will be running complete flush tomorrow thanks @Azuri

2 Likes

Hi, question, When I do the flush, I have to drain the unit, fill it again with water onlymand remove bottles 3, 4 and 5 ?. and let it for 10 days ?

1 Like

Yes but you can just take the hoses out of the bottles instead of removing the entire bottles.

4 Likes

This is very confusing, and I was confused with my first grow as well. Always so many questions about this. The weekly notifications do not help and they seem to complicate things when it’s really rather simple.

There is really NOTHING extra you need to do besides follow the Grobo recipe.

It will go into a stage called “Flush” and will continue to tell you when to drain and fill. You do not need to complete any “manual” drain / fills.
The Grobo will also stop dispensing nutes automatically when the system is in this stage.
So there is nothing to disconnect.

If you are ready to end your grow and the system has not yet reached the Flush stage and you would LIKE to flush, you can manually advance the Grobo to that stage under the Maintenance menu.

4 Likes

I just remove the hoses just in case.

5 Likes

hi, I think the same, if the grobo is an “automatic” box it supposed to not fill with nutrients in flush stage. I will follow the recipe as it is. This is my first grow, and in the second one, I can modify it if I need it.

2 Likes

I would have to agree with wolf on this one. :+1::v:

2 Likes