Fluffhead’s Start

Remember to remove the dome when you have four leaves! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Coco Melon takes the lead.

How does this device decide when it changes light :bulb: schedule?

5 Likes

When I germinate, I leave my lights on for 24 hours. I would guess the start would be doing the same, unless they use a 18/6 schedule :thinking:

Ps… also I don’t have a start :laughing:

3 Likes

EDIT: Yeah, so Blue LED = 13 hours light, Teal/Green LED = 8 hours light, then third push is half intensity for viewing mode, and then 4th push is off.

Won’t change automatically!

8 Likes

The start doesn’t need to change in order to get through germination and in veg stage you have a choice of 13 or 8 hrs but, no matter if you change it or not the start can take you through germination & early veg stage no problem! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

I swear it turned itself on today - Blue. I just walked over and pressed the button. It did turn green. So that’s adding an extra 8 on? This thing is cracking me up. I wish I ordered some more of these pods

Look at coco :coconut: melon :watermelon: :laughing:

Is it getting too much light :bulb:? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

That’s typically the opposite, it’s elongated and stretchy like it’s not getting enough light…

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

I did not take any of the pod off and cover the seed. Although that’s what I did with the Coco Pod, I didn’t with the start because the instructions didn’t say to.

I have 3 more pods coming with my new cover :woman_shrugging:t2: I’ll keep the lights on

3 Likes

Yeah… the video from @Stephen does show this but not the directions… good call…

2 Likes

You can absolutely save her with a bit of surgery!
Take her out and splice open pod to reposition most of her inside the pod, put back together and spray some water or drio on top of seed and dome her. :eyes::seedling:

8 Likes

I assumed they may just get sunburnt :laughing: but wanted to see what would happen. I didn’t watch the videos yet.

Isn’t that missing the whole point of “the start”? To start this for me. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Sorry you lost me!
Sometimes a grow goes wrong but can be saved, the start does its job.
I think you were the grower who left the extension on, if I’m right that will cause the stem to elongate.
Also if the seed hasn’t been pushed down enough it will grow outside of the pod but these things are not because the grobo start doesn’t work as it should! I hope I answered your question and if I didnt please let me know! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

I had the extension on for about an hour during set up. I’m just sharing my experience.

1 Like

@Bplatinum9 check this out!

You just never know :grinning:

Look at those two beautiful leaves that popped out of the only indica seed :green_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

They are both beautiful :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

hey @Fluffhead! Really glad to see the seedlings!

One thing that may help in the future - before dropping the seed into the peat pod take a q-tip or cotton swab or toothpick and press into and down into the main hole. This should seat the seed a little deeper and better and the toothpick punctures should help the roots move thru the pod.

4 Likes

Sounds kinda kinky… :laughing::woman_shrugging:t2: I’m having a blast with the experiments! Got three more pods on the way, so it’s all good!!

@miami5th it’s happening so quickly I don’t want to change any of the variables. I have more seeds than I am able to really use. So a face off sounded fun :laughing:

4 Likes