First timer 😎😜

So once dry humidity is accomplished I go back up in humidity for cure until desired Humidity? Yes it is relative humidity not absolute.

1 Like

Correct. Step back up to your desired cure humidity. If the unit goes up 2%, I would shoot for 58 or 60%.

1 Like

Great. Is this also where I cure at desired humidity for thirty days? Sorry last question. Thank you so much

1 Like

No worries, asking questions provides knowledge. This is again, a personal preference. 30 days is the minimum recommended. I will say, like my SLH, I dipped in after 7 day cure and was amazed by the taste! I will still cure for 30 before I really dig in and do some presses as well. If this is your first grow, try after 10, 20 and 30 days. See the difference and make your own decision on your cure process. @Todd.grobo goes no less than 60 days so again, it’s all personal preference…no rules apply :wink:.

Edit: keep in mind, curing is what helps get rid of the remaining chlorophyll and nutes still stored in the plant, this is why 30 days is recommended.

3 Likes

Thank you I agree with learning. If this works! It will be amazing. Also yes I acknowledge the unit being on top. I have a fan at the bottom that pushes air up and through. I found this helpful in cooling the unit. The top is not warm at all. The dryer has only equipment up high in the back and so far no heat anywhere has come from the dryer. I have my little ribbon blowing. :joy: again man thank you so much. We’ll see what happens. I still have December left for flower. But wanted to experiment. :+1:t2::sunglasses:Thanks again.

3 Likes

Lotta brown tips going on. She started bulking this week. Really excited. Probably end of the month harvest. The branches have some sway to them now. Trichomes Completely clear. Also on a side note @FireGuy i was able to cure the sugar leaves and two smaller flowers I chopped early on. They were in a jar and still hay smells. From Saturday to today in the machine the sweet smells came back. Also put it into a paper bag and it absolutely hold its smells. I also think that since there are no vents per say. I may have to open door to have some kind of air exchange. (Burp the machine) so to speak. Any thoughts or ideas :bulb: I think I’m on the right path.

7 Likes

Looking good, minor color change isn’t a big deal, just keep an eye on it. As for the machine…don’t put in bags until cure is done. The paper will hold in gasses, this is why people ripen bananas and plantains in paper bags. Keep your stuff out of bags until fully cured, unless your bags are open at the top to allow gasses to escape (still questionable, I haven’t experimented with this). From the pic I saw on the exterior you showed, it is a vent (there has to be one somewhere) and that will allow your air exchange.

3 Likes

Yeah your right on the vent. I guess the exchange of humidity through it vents it. Hope it’s fast enough. I’m sorry the sugar leaves we’re about three weeks old and half … cured already in a jar but still smelled like hay. So I threw them in at 58% and three days later the hay smell was gone. Not trying to cure as much as seeing if things are possible with this experiment. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Just sharing these colas. I’m thinking I did good. Intentionally or unintentionally :rofl::joy::rofl::joy: Thanks again to this site and it’s contributing growers.

9 Likes

Thank you for the neem oil post @FireGuy i see it all over. I needed some all of a sudden. Was dealing with gnats somewhere else and they were trying to move in on the goods. It’s a great addition.

3 Likes

looks good! what strain is that?

2 Likes

Dos si Dos

Only the top most site’s are doing this. Light green. Should I be concerned @FireGuy

2 Likes

No need to be worried for now, just keep an eye out. This plant does some funky things as it matures. Not much white pistils, probably getting close to harvest?

2 Likes

I checked with the loop today and there are mostly clear and a sparse amber here and there. Had to look close because the trichomes are darker around the darker areas of the leaf. The lowers are completely clear. I have about ten days to reach a total of 64 days in flower. 60-80 days according to company.

2 Likes

Thank you :+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

Sounds like the recipe may be right on time!

1 Like

This is what happens when the strain says focused and creative. :sunglasses:

12 Likes

That looks awesome :metal:never thought of doing this but now you got me thinking how to style mine :thinking::joy:

5 Likes

I agree very nice. :+1:

2 Likes