First Grows 2x Solids AUTO Power Plant x AUTO Pineapple Express

Hey @Ghost,

Have you noticed any bugs/flys in the Power Plant unit? This looks like it’s possibly pest related. Just to check all bases, can you also post a picture of the nutrient bottles in that unit as well.

2 Likes

Hey @SWSVIC I haven’t seen any bugs I actually have two units growing side by side in my bedroom and no nats or spiders that I can tell. It’s been weird with this grow not really sure what she’s going through but conditions are identical and the other plant is thriving from the looks
Here are the nutes and roots

1 Like

Roots look great, it does appear to have dispensed a pretty significant amount of bottles 1 & 2 for a plant of this age, and I suppose the marks you are seeing on the leaves could certainly be due to pH fluctuations and/or nutrient lockout caused by pH being out of range.

1. Did you calibrate your pH probe prior to starting this grow?

2. Do you have a hand held pH meter to measure pH in the reservoir now? If not see first link for a great set that includes calibration solutions and a care kit that is perfect for combined use with your grobo probes.

3. Do you have pH calibration solutions? If so, go ahead and calibrate now (at your earliest convenience). If not, follow the second link below (if you don’t need/want to order the full kit w/ meters) to pick up a pack and get it calibrated ASAP.

Bluelab PENGTB Grower’s Toolbox with pH Pen, Conductivity Pen and Probe Care Kits https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H90O26C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_USdRFb7Z2801E

Bluelab Probe Care Kit pH & Conductivity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MA27Y3E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4WdRFbJV6X1D8

4 Likes

@SWSVIC Thanks yeah I have a PH Meter on order should be here tomorrow I was wondering if it was that, was thinking of starting to PH my water before changes. As for the calibration I didn’t do on this machine specific as it was brand new I was told it came calibrated. I emailed support earlier today and sent them my info just awaiting some response. Currently her leaves are perked up again and she looks better but the discoloration is still there ;(

3 Likes

3 Likes

Good news is, it’s not in bad shape at all and will recover quickly once the issue is resolved. pHing the water and disconnecting bottles 1 & 2 is one workaround. However, that’s not why we spend $2k+ on an automated machine. Support will get you squared away, but go ahead and get the calibration/care kit ordered if you haven’t already as you will most certainly need it in the future regardless of whether or not it is necessary right now.

4 Likes

Interested to see if the PH is off or not… That would explain the slow growth compared to the Pineapple

4 Likes

@SWSVIC very true, thanks I’ll be ordering it shortly I appreciate the help bud. Hopefully support can guide me through still awaiting the response back :v:

1 Like

@pyromancy same here all is a learning experience :+1:

2 Likes

Pineapple Express Auto Day 1 Transition looking great, not sure if cutting some fan leaves is worth doing for Auto’s?

2 Likes

Power Plant Auto Day 14 Early Veg still trying to recover, support thinks it heating issue cause the wilting. Still keeping an eye on her my filter was backwards rookie mistake hopefully this helps.

3 Likes

Light scheduled changed she seems to be peeking back up Power Plant Auto

2 Likes

Well some crap news looks like both grows are suffering from damping off, I think I caught the Pineapple Express Auto early enough and might be salvaged but the Power Plant Auto is not looking good at all, anyone have the issue with the coco pod staying to damp any pointers before I restart

3 Likes

Pineapple Express Auto hopefully we can salvage her

4 Likes

Had to scrap the Power Plant Auto instead of wasting more nutes chalked it up as a learning experience and will start over.

The Pineapple Express Auto is on Day 30 in the Transition stage , hopefully recovering from the damping. Today we slightly introduced some leaf tucking.

2 Likes

Well I’m trying everything to save my Pineapple Express Auto from damping off here’s to my last hoorah day 30 tried @Stephen McDonalds straw recommendation. :pray:t4::v:t4:

5 Likes

Pineapple Express Auto hoping she makes it, she’s still growing Day 32 Transition

6 Likes

I hope so too! She looks really happy right now. No signs of damping off upstairs, you’d see some wilting and sadness.

She’s grown since the last pics.

4 Likes

Thank you @pyromancy all in all she is looking better over the weekend drinking up plenty of water and still stretching. Thankfully with all y’all’s help I think we caught her in time :metal:t4::alien::v:t4:

2 Likes

Pineapple Express Auto Day 35 still growing which is great news :muscle:t4::pray:t4:

Started a new Grow in grobo number 2 hopefully using what I learned from my previous journey. New Grow Critical Purple Auto by GC day 6 Germination

5 Likes