First grow- why are these leaves brown? :(

Okay well I’m glad you didn’t spray the entire plant. Hope it works out. I am not sure what they’ll say. That sucks!

I can only imagine this is a learning experience for Grobo team too…

4 Likes

Hey @Devin_Porter,

Just finished chatting with the team, so you should hear back from support shortly. I recommend flushing the coco pod with some RO/distilled water, then doing a drain/fill. You should be ok, fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Stephen

7 Likes

Okay thank you so much @Stephen , I’ll keep you guys updated. Only time will tell! :green_heart:

7 Likes

I’m finally relaxing, only time will tell at this point. Very thankful for this thread and the support I get from the Grobo team :pray:t5:

7 Likes

Be confident! This is a great learning experience.

6 Likes

So it’s been a few days since the bleach incident and here is where we are currently. Apologize in advance for all the pictures I just want you guys to see everything!

We’re definitely still growing which is starting to worry me because she’s getting close to the lights. We’re currently on day 9/14 of transition after extending veg a week because she was so short (Reminder this is an auto flower). Where my pistils are (i think they’re pistils) I noticed some starting to have a red color to the tip of them. Especially on the very top of the plant. Is that normal like red hairs on bud or is this something bad?

A friend recommended that I bend her down to avoid burn somehow and I have not the slightest idea in what he means or if I can even do that in a Grobo because he uses a tent.

The lower canopy, you notice a lot of browning. Grobo support told me that when a leaf is 40% brown I could cut it off. That was pre bleach incident. Thoughts? :sob:

@Stephen
@pyromancy
@vegetato
@OrionsCeiling
@SilverGrobo
@Chad_Johnson

image|375x500

2 Likes

Also that stem looks purple right?

1 Like

Red pistiils as tall as your plant iis…i’m guessing light burn. supercropping is probably in your near future. Pistils don’t usuaally go orange or red until maaturity.

5 Likes

Thanks for your reply, but I can do that with an auto flower?

3 Likes

that’s the iissue with autos, no control. either you supercrop or she keeps growiing and you completely scorch the upper buds. if your upper pistiils aree already changing color wiith no reeal bud development, they must be burning.

3 Likes

I wish you the best of luck, I’m happy to see ur plant made it through the bleach, I’m not much help cus I’m new at growing but for future reference if I was you I would go with feminized seeds

1 Like

before you start supercroppiing, let a champ chime in. i’m just giving my “somewhat” educated opiinion.
@Todd.grobo @Bplatinum9 @Stephen @SWSVIC @miami5th @pyromancy @Chad_Johnson

2 Likes

The dead leaves can go yes
The plant is no where near the yop to burn yet but lets hope she stops soon. Next time try a photo period plant you get to control it. That thing is basically making you its water wench hehehe

10 Likes

Water Wench!!! Never heard it before but that actually made me laugh out loud! i love it/

2 Likes

@Devin_Porter if you can get ahold of some magnetic hooks (like a dozen?) and some string I would pull that upwardly middle section from side to side to shave a few inches off. But I think in a week or so you’ll hear someone suggest pushing the coco pod down into the reservoir to make some extra room. Maybe do that now. Maybe not, but yeah you’re going to be close to the lights. I stopped extending veg so much as what I did my 2nd and 3rd grows (after my first being too short). Your middle section is growing mostly straight up so like if you can make that more zig-zaggy you can buy a few inches back.

I think you’ll be ok man you’ll be smokin this fine bud in no time :wink:

8 Likes

Yea, its beginning to be a tough situation… but I agree with supercropping. I dont see it hurting anything. If anything, maybe it will help keep it from stretching due to the stress. Also, are the "red pistils " shown in the photos above? I ask bc I remember my critical purple auto creating pistils like that as the buds got closer to maturity. I assumed it was the “purple”… but regardless it wasn’t an issue for me personally so hopefully not for u either. And like @HelmutVonPants said, magnetic hooks would be a big help

4 Likes

Hey guys, been a while so here are some updated pics! She finally stopped getting taller, had to push coco pod through the reservoir. I just extended flower a couple days ago. I notice my buds on top are “better” than the lower canopy. Anyways, how much longer do you guys thing I have?

6 Likes

Maybe 3 to 4 weeks. Maybe 2 if your lucky. Looks good
Try and make sure most buds are getting lots of light

5 Likes

Ay @Devin_Porter glad to see she hung in there! Can you send a pic of the whole plant? I am curious to see how she’s turned out :slight_smile:

Lookin’ good though.

2 Likes

@pyromancy

6 Likes