First grow- why are these leaves brown? :(

Man that response was really on point! The pictures and mark-ups are very helpful! Thanks man!

6 Likes

Awesome illustrations and detective skills @vegetato :joy: :+1:

4 Likes

Hey grower!
Reallly hope you decided to save her! Best way to do this is to learn. I had a problem with mine where the pH probe was calibrated incorrectly and caused a lockout to my plant. Unfortunately, she died :frowning: she was looking so healthy!
Try a 50/50 mix of white vinegar, or, hydrogen peroxide and water in your reservoir after you drain and clean it. This will allow the roots clean water that will assist in fighting whatever pathogen has gotten to your precious roots. The learning process and attention to details will reward you later down the line, we all learn one way or another, and you’ve got this!

Plants take a bit of “know-how” to get right, especially in such an unnatural environment.

5 Likes

@Devin_Porter

My guess on the bottom leaves:

I have had that issue on the bottom leaves often - the recipes usually don’t start bottle 5 right away (CalMag) so the first set is probably deficient in magnesium - if it’s just the bottom leaves like that then no worries you’ll usually trim them first anyways. If it was the other leaves like that then I’d say check for a kink on the hose for bottle#5. I use distilled water and add a bit of cal mag with my water fills and haven’t seen this issue lately yay

My guess on the roots:

Water temp might be too high. Your options are basically adding hydroguard or UC Roots or something to help with bacteria growth or try a water chiller. I went the water chiller route as I have a ceramic heater pointing at the back of the grobo so it’s also heating my water reservoir. Water chiller is a bit extreme really so if you can get hydroguard (I couldn’t at the time) or something that’s fairly manageable route

3 Likes

Thanks for all your replies! Here are some updated pics. I took someone’s advice about staying in Veg until I got to the second fan. Went home for 4 days and came home to this massive beauty. Doing better I’d say?

Is now a good time to switch to transition?

6 Likes

These pics are just to show how much she grew in a few days

6 Likes

Damn, @Devin_Porter good job man! Your plant is looking much much happier! And big too!

She is up to the 2nd fan, definitely would be okay to flip to transition in my opinion. Auto Bomb… that mean it’s an autoflower right? I would imagine you’d be okay to flip based on size though. Have you seen any flowers yet?

5 Likes

yes it’s an auto flower, and no flowering yet. grobo support also recommend I stay in veg until she reached the second fan so I just switched to transition! Thanks for all your help and keep you posted :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

4 Likes

As quickly as it has shot up, and being an auto, keep in mind there is a possibility that it stretches all the way to the lights before it starts flowering. Just read up and be prepared. Much better to start training the plant earlier or at least have a gameplan before its all the way to the top and you are in disaster relief mode. Lol. Im speaking from experience on this one.

6 Likes

Some updated pics! Looking happy but seems to be a lot going on in there, I want to clean her up but can I do that with an auto? I’ve heard mixed reviews.

Side note: Dont think I’m doing an auto again.

4 Likes

Wow just realized that screenshot was at 4:20 :rofl:

7 Likes

Hey man if the water is too warm how would I cool it

2 Likes

4 Likes

OMG 911!!! I just found a bug in my grobo so I grabbed my Neem Oil and after I sprayed I realized it was bathroom bleach. I totally just murdered her right? Plz helpppp @vegetato @pyromancy

2 Likes

I’m so mad at myself rn

2 Likes

o_O Man… that’s not good at all…

How is she looking? O_O

2 Likes

And how much did you spray in there?

1 Like

I sprayed 3 squirts on the coco pod

Grobo support told me not to do anything until they write me back. I’m so upset :sob:

3 Likes

@pyromancy

1 Like

I didn’t spray the plant with the bleach, that was Neem Oil.

2 Likes