First grow: White Widow

Today is day 5 of germination period. Tarp root was visualized on day 3. How long before plant actually sprouts up?

4 Likes

Hi and welcome, grower:

I waited for the first water change prompt, day 8 of growth, to check on my GSC seedling. That’s when I saw her for the first time and she was maybe about an inch high with her two Cotyledons and a pair of primary leaves. Good luck with yours.

4 Likes

Sometimes its day 9 or 10 before I see anything.

2 Likes

@Fresh,

((#Welcome))::wave::wink:

--

:wave::wink:

((#JustForfun)): (Germination): (5-Plants): :herb:

--

:wink: :groboone: :green_thumb:

((#Stages)): :1234:

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/stages-in-a-grow-cycle/1740/3?u=silvergrobo

--

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I think she may be a stubborn old girl. Day 8 and still waiting on her. Yes I have been checking water temps, temperature and humidity within box. pH seems to be on point. She is definitely a thirsty seedling. I did take a peek at her this morning, only concerning thing to me is there is some white shadowing on seed.Is this normal? I didn’t manipulate her. Tarp is still definitely present. Any advice at this point is welcomed from anyone!
@SilverGrobo @Todd.grobo

1 Like

Do you have a photo that we can take a look at?

1 Like

@Bplatinum9

2 Likes

Too early to tell if there is a problem.
I do see a couple thin taproots hanging from your pod.
Have you checked to see if the bottom of your coco pod is slimy by touching it?
Did you pull a small plug of coco to cover the whole where the seed is?
Did your germination start off in the grobo?
Usually a small white spot on the seed is the plant sprouting.
Hard to tell because your seed isn’t really visible with all the moisture, just looks really wet in there.
Let’s give it two more days and then post Another pic so we can access the situation.

2 Likes

Yes germination in Grobo! Seed is also covered with small piece of coco pod. I haven’t touched the pod to check for slimy feeling. I did put recharge and slf-100 in the water reservoir at the start. SLF-100 is just like hydrogaurd. It was readily avaliable where I reside.
@Bplatinum9

3 Likes

So when you took the picture it had the coco piece in it?

1 Like

No I uncovered it to check things out. I placed it back gently though.
@Bplatinum9

2 Likes

Ok thanks! Keep me posted!

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

3 Likes