First grow: White Widow

Today is day 5 of germination period. Tarp root was visualized on day 3. How long before plant actually sprouts up?

4 Likes

Hi and welcome, grower:

I waited for the first water change prompt, day 8 of growth, to check on my GSC seedling. Thatโ€™s when I saw her for the first time and she was maybe about an inch high with her two Cotyledons and a pair of primary leaves. Good luck with yours.

4 Likes

Sometimes its day 9 or 10 before I see anything.

2 Likes

@Fresh,

((#Welcome))::wave::wink:

--

:wave::wink:

((#JustForfun)): (Germination): (5-Plants): :herb:

--

:wink: :groboone: :green_thumb:

((#Stages)): :1234:

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/stages-in-a-grow-cycle/1740/3?u=silvergrobo

--

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I think she may be a stubborn old girl. Day 8 and still waiting on her. Yes I have been checking water temps, temperature and humidity within box. pH seems to be on point. She is definitely a thirsty seedling. I did take a peek at her this morning, only concerning thing to me is there is some white shadowing on seed.Is this normal? I didnโ€™t manipulate her. Tarp is still definitely present. Any advice at this point is welcomed from anyone!
@SilverGrobo @Todd.grobo

1 Like

Do you have a photo that we can take a look at?

1 Like

@Bplatinum9

2 Likes

Too early to tell if there is a problem.
I do see a couple thin taproots hanging from your pod.
Have you checked to see if the bottom of your coco pod is slimy by touching it?
Did you pull a small plug of coco to cover the whole where the seed is?
Did your germination start off in the grobo?
Usually a small white spot on the seed is the plant sprouting.
Hard to tell because your seed isnโ€™t really visible with all the moisture, just looks really wet in there.
Letโ€™s give it two more days and then post Another pic so we can access the situation.

2 Likes

Yes germination in Grobo! Seed is also covered with small piece of coco pod. I havenโ€™t touched the pod to check for slimy feeling. I did put recharge and slf-100 in the water reservoir at the start. SLF-100 is just like hydrogaurd. It was readily avaliable where I reside.
@Bplatinum9

3 Likes

So when you took the picture it had the coco piece in it?

1 Like

No I uncovered it to check things out. I placed it back gently though.
@Bplatinum9

2 Likes

Ok thanks! Keep me posted!

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

3 Likes