First grow super skunk

Why wouldn’t you top in the future? Genuinely curious :smiley:

2 Likes

The light makes the outside branches taller. Not the fit i wanted.

3 Likes

Ahhh gotcha.

That’s weird compared to mine… I double topped to make 4 main colas, and they ended up being the 4 most dominant in the center…

But, along the way it looked like the outer branches were going to win though, I thought it was gonna be tall colas around the edges and the 4 in the center lower down… Turned out the opposite

3 Likes

Ive noticed on all my grows that the back two corners typically are where the dominant bud grows, the front ones never get as big or strong, likely to do with the door and window.

4 Likes

Yeah I was wondering myself if this was the case because of the placement of the LED at the top, slightly further back than in the front… would make sense.

I also wondered if this was a purposeful design trait to allow the back of the box to grow taller than the front, which in turn would allow easier access to the plant in general if the back was taller than the front on average.

4 Likes

I also think the front paneling effects it somehow as well. Bud density by itself is imho 30% or more denser on any of the back three or four branches over anything on the front. I pay attention when we separate. As my wife cuts almost all leaves off leaving strictly bud on the branch, we get less than most, so we make sure we know what we’re smoking. One jar, lower bud, One jar middle bud, One or two jar’s what I would call AAA or AAAA in terms of underground cannabis quality. Big thick dense buds. Those are usually from the back. Then there is a jar for misc quality. Everything else goes in a small container and is typically made into butter asap :slight_smile:

Thats why after as many grows as I have had, i dont think fans are useful outside of 1-30 days grow time, i dont think extra nutrients make that much of a difference and considering the additional $ between grobos bottles and extra, breaking down the cost to produce the cannabis, no thanks.
Keep it simple stupid. Works for me.

Thats why i try to top out at 6 or 7 solid branches. They seem to have the most evenly distributed leave growth which means light penetration to far enough below you reach the first fan top down. That on the last 3 of my grows all over 55g seems to be the single most effective way. Also there is a sweet spot on sitting under the light. That i believe is totally dependent on each strain. Once you hit that sweet spot you see the crazy huge nugs everyone wants.

Would i spend $4000 again on hydro vs tents? No. However I am very happy for the most part with my setup. It allows me much more flexibility between successes in tent and hydro grows and more variation in product and honing my ability to learn how to help my plant the best. I find a lot of inspiration in other peoples crazy setups. Maybe when i am making big bucks, i will try that :slight_smile:
I am more interested in knowing what data from our grows grobo is using for data collection and why. To help them grow better? To help the industry? The list goes on. As I learn more and more about the plant and industry, the more deeper down the hole i want to go. This is an amazing plant!

Thanks for the support!

9 Likes

I agree, it’s awesome to see all these creative setups people have. I’m on the fence of wanting to keep my grow simple and wanting to add more things to try to improve my grow. I recently added some mylar sheets inside the Grobo - got the cool idea from @pyromancy and @Vicc

7 Likes

Might have to drop the pod in here shortly. Thankfully she looks to have stopped her stretch finally

10 Likes

Looks soooooo happy

5 Likes

Wow she really grew in just 4 days. It’ll be interesting see how the buds develop!

5 Likes

She tiered perfectly highest to lowest,back to front

5 Likes

Such a satisfying sight :relaxed:

5 Likes

Man she looks fucking good mate. I gotta send you one of these tropical
Runtz, got a few lying around. Supposedly the product is runrealll

4 Likes

Some dude just reported 1.45 pounds in a tent! I think I’m switching to a tent soon

5 Likes

When did you switch from
Veg to transition?

2 Likes

You can definitely get a bigger yield if you have more space

5 Likes

I would have done 18 or 19 next time not 21.
Popped the pod in today. I hope she stops shes perfect

4 Likes

This is true. Even cheap lights produce decent size buds

7 Likes

:joy::star_struck::dash::seedling:

1 Like

The tent was a test. I didnt know how it would do. Wait till @Aang blueberries go in there. And i modify the tent a bit more. Well say 60 dollars or less upgrades lol.

4 Likes