First Grow - RQS / Northern Lights Auto

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/light-burn-on-marijuana-plants/amp/

2 Likes

I could be wrong on this, but it looks more like wind burn than light burn, however there weren’t really enough pics to really see. Either way you’ll know soon enough :joy::joy::+1::v:You could have @Stephen weigh in on this. Close call either way

2 Likes

It’s most likely both by the looks of things, but the clawing and discolouration happened only right smack in the centre, just under the lights - wind damaged leaves were all on the undergrowth since my blower is aimed from the bottom up but unfortunately, I’ve already removed them so nothing to show for it :sweat_smile: She already looks happier, see below:

MORE PICS

It doesn’t look too serious at this point, but I might be wrong :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

@Osage - reading through your provided sources I’m leaning even more towards a light burn - in case of a wind damage they would apparently claw downwards and droop, the ones I’ve got damaged are always clawing and cupping up :thinking: Well as you say, we’ll know soon enough :joy:

1 Like

The only thing that really matters is that your girls are doing better. This was one of those interesting diagnoses, where many things could be going on. I also had a thought last night, what spectrum are the lights you are using? This intrigued me as I can lay my mars sp 250 pretty much right down on the canopy with no problems.

But yes, multiple issues in one is always interesting. This is part of what makes growing fun for me​:joy::joy::+1::v:

2 Likes

To be perfectly honest, I feel the same :rofl: If nothing is happening for a week I feel ‘abandoned’ by her, like if she didn’t need me at all :laughing: These small issues keep me engaged since I’m finding tending to her very relaxing and rewarding - I’ll keep updating and we’ll see where she goes with all of this.

In regards to the lights, I’m using a couple of crazy cheap amazon LED’s, but with good reviews (for the price point, of course):

1 x FECiDA 50W Sunlike Full Spectrum (Same as the other one+660nm+395nm(basically +GREEN))

AMAZON LINK #1

1 x FECiDA 50W Full Spectrum (UV-A+Blue+Red+Infrared)

AMAZON LINK #2

Having two of these (100W Total) apparently produces up to 512 μmol/m²s @ 8"/20cm and you need to keep in mind that I’m running 24/0 schedule - unfortunately, these are so cheap and shady that I can’t even find the colour temperature on the listings, but I can assure you that they are BRIGHT :joy:

1 Like

What made you do a 24/0 light schedule??

1 Like

Months of reading literally hundreds of grow reports :roll_eyes: For autos that is a very popular light schedule, apparently - I’ve decided to try it and at least you’ll be able to learn on my potential mistake :sweat_smile: reason being a rather weak set of lights, but she doesn’t look bothered tho :thinking::point_down:

5 Likes

Day 58 from sprout - by now I’m not sticking to any type of regular watering schedule, going by the weight of the pot only and adding appropriate (in my mind) amount of water+cal/mag interchangeably with water+calmag+120% recommended dose of tomorite (alright let say it’s not more than 600ml a day while skipping a day or two every now and then).

Even after raising the lights up by at least 8” she’s still ”praying” to the LED’s so I might move them even further, or I’ve found the so-called ”sweet spot” - depends if the light burn will continue to develop or not. Otherwise looks super happy to me :thinking:

5 Likes

Day 60 - vertical growth had nearly stopped these past few days, looks like she’s starting to focus on the buds - which is a good sign because I was rather worried that she’ll go way over 12 weeks from seed to harvest - currently 8 weeks old (and a couple of days). Not that I’m in a rush, was just worried that her internal lifespan clock might have been out of tune with how late she started to gain bud weight :sweat_smile: I’ll give her all the time she’ll ask for, maybe looking at her daily skews my perception, but I still think she’s underdeveloped for her age, am I wrong? Like I’ve seen this particular strain being grown numerous times and usually by week 8 the buds are twice the size - but then again, I’ve stressed her a lot initially and she’s growing in a large pot, which usually makes them go longer and bushier - time will tell :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Couple pics below, each cola here is a different one:

EDIT: I’ve marked mostly all of the colas (dozens of them branching out below that I’m not even counting here) with a red circle, blue markup is on the initial MAIN cola :joy: I think I’ve did a pretty good job LST’ing - and LST’ing ONLY, no supercropping, no fimming, no topping, only slight defoliation and she still produced 24(!!!) tops - crazy :flushed:

7 Likes

Day 62 - nothing to report, she’s noticeably gaining weight day by day.

7 Likes

Day 65 - I should have mentioned that I’ve released all of her straps couple days ago, so her canopy isn’t really flat anymore, but I don’t think I’ll care till the end really :sweat_smile: I’ve defoliated her undergrowth some more (still more to cut in a couple of days) - buds are getting fatter and stickier - still ZERO smell! But I guess that’s what this strain is good for - guerrilla growing ops :sweat_smile: Still on 24/0 schedule, still only Tomorite & Cal/Mag :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Day 70 from sprout - I’ve noticed that her lower fan leaves are starting to yellow and die off, yet her pistils are all still white and stretched - therefore I’m assuming she’s in full blown flower mode, but as I have no experience, I can’t really tell how many more weeks she’ll go - not that it matters, but I’m assuming at least 3 weeks. I’m done with defoliation and that’s more or less her final canopy density.

4 Likes

Oh yes, it started snowing :snowflake::roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Day 80 - I believe I should start flushing sooner rather than later, this strain should take 8-10 weeks from sprout, it’s her nearly 12th week now, so I guess shes nearing the end of her lifecycle - half of her pistils are still white so I’ll let her go on as long as there is around 90% pistils turned dark and curled - that will be the end of her. Not going to bother with looking at her trichomes (I’m in for that THC punch, couldn’t care less about CBD which is why some people go for amber trichomes) - any thoughts?

3 Likes

If your going for the THC only then I would start the flush!

2 Likes

I would still look at the trichomes regardless of the hairs, but that’s just me looks like she still can fill out a bit imo :+1:

3 Likes

The thing is, I’ve ’tested’ a couple of buds and she’s already ridiculously potent so I’m not worrying about that at all, but I do agree that she can fatten up quite a bit and by no means am I going to hinder that in any way - she’ll get as much time as needed :blush:

2 Likes

Hey there, I’m a newbie but I’ve been madly looking throughout you’re exceptionally detailed grow journey, and at this point at 4.20 am here in GMT +1 time zone I’ve reached your last post on march the third. All of this because I’ll be growing this same strain for the second time and first didn’t go so well and I’m looking for advices everywhere. All of this to say that I’d madly appreciate if you’ve let us know of what’s been happening during this last week’s as I assume you’ve probably harvested by now. Hope to hear from you, great diary!