First Grow: Royal Dwarf

With autos they will flip when they feel like it lol just never know

2 Likes

So she’s in her first week of flower, pistols showing up nice now. But still getting bushier. Is it a bright idea to defoliate her more at this point? I had done quite a bit of defoliation in veg but she keeps going. I’ve just been trying to tuck fan leaves on to expose the bud sites and do this usually twice per day

4 Likes

- - -

• (LooksLikeStephenDidItInBeginingOfFlowerHere): :green_thumb: :innocent:

• (#YouTubeVideo): :video_camera:

- - -

--

2 Likes

Ahhh I forgot about that little part in the video. I just overthink about it too much. This auto has grown so much and it’s so bushy, and I know rule of thumb is you want a foot on top of growth and then the rest on the bottom clean. But this little dwarf is about only a foot tall to begin with :joy:

This is from today

1 Like

Just with tucking twice a day I’ve managed to at least leave all 13 tops exposed to the light so I’m hoping that good enough

1 Like

Don’t sweat it… u got a bunch of tops and if your plant remains healthy… she should yield really well :clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like

I’m on day 80, day 37 of flower. She’s growing up so nicely :’)

4 Likes

Looking so good!

Question for those with experience. This is under a generic auto recipe. I extended transition by a week, and have extended flower by another 2 weeks already since she’s definitely not ready. I know grobo states each bottle should last one grow but last week I had to switch out for new bottles of 3, 4, and 5. My ph bottles still have more than half in there so those are good. But considering photoperiod grows take much longer than the 82 days my auto is at, shouldn’t those bottle have lasted a while longer? @chris_barfield @VermontGrobo @SWSVIC @SilverGrobo thoughts?

3 Likes

For frame of reference, I am on day 134 and am on bottle number 3 of 3 & 4, and nearly to the end of bottle 2 of 5.

3 Likes

Definitely makes sense then. These nutrient bottles can really add up in expense…

3 Likes

Ripening!! Might start flush in a week

2 Likes

Finished drying for 5 days. Almost all branches were able to snap so I went ahead and trimmed out the buds and put into a 1L jar to cure. I have mixed feelings about the grow, I got 22g dried. Very light and airy/larfy buds, minus maybe a few from the top main colas. But they look pretty nice, lots of trichomes.

Will clean and calibrate grobo maybe tomorrow and start the next seed, thinking black d.o.g. from HSO or maybe GSC. Things I’m looking into doing better is better lollipoping due to me letting way too many larfy buds hang around the bottom probably making my main colas suffer quite a bit. Defoliating more. I didn’t add those extra fans inside til the drying process so maybe the xtra air flow will help. One thing I wish I could tackle better is temp. Temps almost always hang around 90s-100s here and I keep the house around 75, but even at that my grobo will see temps up to about 83/84 when the lights on and come down to 76-78 when it’s lights out, which I’m thinking all in all it’s a bit too warm for the buds liking although this strain seemed happy throughout. Great learning experience so far, and hopefully after a month of curing it will at least make for some good smoke, which is all that matters in the end :slight_smile:

Thoughts? @SWSVIC @VermontGrobo @chris_barfield @SilverGrobo

5 Likes

Sounds to me like you know what to do next grow to creat more yield and increase bud density. :call_me_hand::call_me_hand: Get a shop vac (wet vac) for the clean out as the grobo drain pump does not completely empty the reservoir of water and grime. Makes things far easier I promise you haha.

2 Likes

Is your GDP still drying @SWSVIC? I’m excited for you to get the final weight. :blush::pray:

1 Like

Jarred it up today! Will weigh in the AM, it dried a little more than I’d have liked it to but I’ve added 62% Boveda packs to the jars to bring RH up the optimal levels.

2 Likes

- - -

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/candy-rain-by-cookie-fam-london-pound-cake-x-gelato/967/13

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/controlling-temperature/875/3

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/temperature/celsius-to-fahrenheit.html

• (TryKeepingTheHouse@68°): :wink:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

1 Like