First grow of all times - Blue Cheese #2

In a case like this, where the plant is still alive but you might want to clean the reservoir, we have to take the whole lid and put it onto a bowl or pan or bucket. You could put a little bit of h2o2 + water in the bucket to help clean off the roots too. Kind of like a temporary reservoir while the cleaning occurs.

It’s a pain to stop and clean while it’s still alive, I would only usually recommend it if it’s really bad (like a white mucus-like goo on things) or if things don’t improve just with treatment. You’ll need to unplug the bottles and take the ph/ec sensors out (and keep them hydrated in the meantime). How do I clean my Grobo?

For the past 3-4 grows I have managed to get away with “bombing” the reservoir with a product such as you’re using and then giving it a week or two to clear it up. It’s much easier than a deep clean (if it works)!

4 Likes

This happened because you didnt use enough hydroguard and because your nutrients weren’t dispersing properly.
Glad you did a recalibration & I use 3 teas of hydroguard every drain and fill, that might be 14.7 ml.
After properly cleaning the reservoir with a vinegar wash 50/50 water/vinegar you can try putting her back or cut your losses.
In extreme cases do not use peroxide on roots because it kills good bacteria as well as bad.
I have seen the roots cut at the point of browning that does well but the decision is yours!

1 Like

Guys, thank you so much for all your help and insights, <3

I installed a thermo for air within Grobo and another for the water temp.

Air is at ~24°C and Water is at ~20-21°C. Is it too hot?

That’s perfect temps tbh.

75-80F is ideal for the inside of the Grobo, and the water temp under 72F is good.

Keep in mind it will change if the room is hotter… Also, I’ve noticed in my past grows that a temp/humidity gauge up at the top portion of the box vs lower portion of the box will read two different readings. Much hotter up top than it is down below obviously.

2 Likes

I dangle the one for air about in the middle of the box with the supporting racks :smiley:

But glad the temp is OK like this, had turned on the radiator in the grobo room especially because of winter.

1 Like

Nice, good stuff.

Yeah a product to protect the roots such as Hydroguard is still a good idea imo regardless, or the alternative you use

Bacillus atrophaeus seems like it would be similar to the species in Hydroguard

1 Like

Hi all,

so this is the 2nd water change after pH recalibration and bottle 1 still looks like this, still barely used.

Could there be another issue or is it normal that there was almost no change after this time?

2 Likes

@d4ve3000 Really glad you continue to update this thread with your plant! She is growing but with the leaf discoloration there is an issue.

Earlier you were using tap water which was probably too high of pH which is why bottle #2 was being dispensed so much. Ideally we should use distilled or RO water with a pH of around 5.9-6.1. Many growers including myself will pH treat their water before adding it to the Grobo. You can just get a pH up/down kit from a store. If you are using water that has been pH’d to around 6 you shouldn’t notice hardly any of bottles #1 and #2 going out. That’s ideal.

Since we have limited visibility into the pH, EC, and TDS I would contact support and ask for a plant health check.

Also here’s a nice leaf diagnostic chart

2 Likes

Also it is very helpful to mark your nute bottles so you know what’s happening and when. This is from my last grow at about day 70. At each drain/fill I marked a line.

2 Likes

Guys, thanks for your quick replies. I actually thought about marking the bottles today when I was waiting for the nutrients to dispense after refill, will do that from now on! :slight_smile:

Looking at the very helpful leaf chart - are we in this area?

And probably the stupidest question: where do I get in touch with support for a health check? Right here or via email?

Thanks! <3

2 Likes

Hey buddy! There are a couple ways to contact support.
Email: support@grobo.io

It looks like there is a nutrient deficiency, some more pics of leaves and roots would help diagnose. Support will want these as well.

1 Like

Guys, does it already look WAY better than in the first pictures? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I feel like the bigger leafs look muich healthier?

1 Like

@d4ve3000,

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/8605/86

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/9039/16

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/damping-off-victories/9607?u=silvergrobo

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (#DampingOff): {Search :mag:}:

• (You Can Still Help Her Along): (Roots To Water Lift [Coco-Pod] Above Lid If Need To):

• (Cleaning Roots): {:bathtub:}:

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/8663/18

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/8663/15

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/5183/23

- - -

@d4ve3000,

• (Watch Stephen Grow Two Plants): {:video_camera:}:

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/new-video-increase-your-yield-with-the-shift-schedule-feature/8301?u=silvergrobo

• (I Would Send Her Back To [LateVeg.] Until She Is At Least Up To The Bottom Second [:two:] Fan): (She Wouldn’t Give You Much Yield At This Height):

- - -

@d4ve3000,

Arrow_up..~~

- - -

@d4ve3000,

• (She Survived For Flowering, Great Job): (She Is Short -But- You’ll Get Something Out Of Her):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

Hi again,

it is the first day of transition and I tried to defoliate/lollipop. Did I take off too much? :see_no_evil:

And is it already too late for topping or could I still do that as well? Or should that have happened rather at the beginning of late veg?

cheers!

3 Likes

Hello, I think I have murdered her now…

I gave her a good trim (maybe too much already) and also did an emergency cleaning of the tank with water and vinegar. After I flushed tap water through the tank a few times.
I let the roots sit in a 1:2 H2O2/Water solution for about an hour. The roots looked super healthy and shiny white afterwards.
But the day after she was like this.

After the cleaning I also added a cup of 3% H2O2 to the tank as per the recommendation of the support team.

Was it too much stress and she can recover or do I need to turn myself in for murder?

1 Like

hey @d4ve3000 She definitely needs some time to recover and she might make it! For at least a week I would refrain from any trimming or training. Give the plant some time to heal and recover. She might be droopy for several days after the h202 treatment.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the quick assessment and some hope!

My plan was to just not open the Grobo at all until water change next Wednesday.
Or do you think a quick daily peak is fine to monitor the situation and take further action?

It’s good to interact and check on your plant daily!

3 Likes

Hi all,

after all the drama I just wanted to share some picture of where we are right now. I put her back in late veg for 2 additional weeks.

What do you think?

cheers!

1 Like