First grow, newbie, Week 1 Northern Lights Auto

I’ve never done this before, but am super excited to share my journey with y’all. I’m doing northern lights auto by growers choice. I’ll be keeping everyone updated.

9 Likes

Welcome aboard and you may not know this yet but many of us at allgrowers are just as excited for you! :eyes::seedling:

8 Likes

Awesome strain, northern lights is one of my favorites. Welcome to AG!

2 Likes

Day 5 of germination and nothing yet…

1 Like

How many days till I see something? It’s day 5 of germinate cycle and nothing yet. I touched the pod and it’s moist. How many days do you think? It’s an auto fem northern lights by growers choice. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks. I’m hoping it turns out good.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m also excited and stoked about it. I’ll be posting updates.

1 Like

Your pod will probably have a hard time drying out because its too low in your lid, it should be flush with the opening.
3 to 10 days for germination, some seeds are slow and others are bad genetics, dont give up just yet.
If you didnt pre-soak in a cup or napkin first it may take a couple more days from now.

2 Likes

By day 3 I think I took some tweezers, took that piece of Cocopod out of the middle, and actually grabbed ahold of my seed. I thought it was a dud honestly and was kinda disappointed until I noticed a white root sticking out the bottom of it… realized she was alive and carefully put her back and covered her up. She popped up within the next day I think if I recall.

If you decide to do so, you might not even need to touch the seed to see a root popping out. I only grabbed her cuz I thought it was a dud honestly at first.
I would NOT suggest grabbing the seed like I did, i’m pretty sure most people would say thats a bad idea, but i was very gentle and have a pretty steady hand… she survived but I coulda caused some damage.

From @Stephen

^ Found this quote by typing “@ Stephen investigate” in the search box… I had to think about what word he used to describe this in my head…Read it in the past month and this is what gave me the true courage to take a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

Day 7. I haven’t seen anything, so decided to check and saw this. I placed the piece of coco pod back to seed opening and left alone. She seems to be coming along.

3 Likes

I’m on day 8 of germination. I just drained and refilled with fresh distilled water as my app sent me a notification. This is how she currently looks…
I would appreciate any feedback if any. Thanks again.

7 Likes

Hey, she’s alive!

It looks like she was just a slow grower.

Only thing to be wary about is that sometimes if a plant is starting slow it will be a weaker plant (could be seed genetics), but that’s not always the case…

So far so good…

Anyone know if he should be extending Germination because of this? Or is that a bad idea?

2 Likes

That’s a great question! Should I extend germination or leave as is? I’m currently on day 8 of 10. Also if I do extend germination, how would I go about it and for how long? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

1 Like

Also FYI, it’s an auto seed. Keep that in mind when answering whether or not to extend germination. Thanks again

1 Like

No need to extend germination at this point she has done the hard work and looks healthy.
Autos will change stages when they are ready regardless of any light or schedule changes so you have to just let her do her thing and hope the genetics hold out.
She looks strong but let’s give her some time and check back in a couple days time! :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

Day 5 of 14 early vegetation. She’s coming along decent. What do you guys think about the brown spots on leaves? I just did a drain and fill as per my grobo notification. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks growers.

3 Likes

It looks like your baby just had her first dosage of nutrients and reacting to it. This seems to be normal with the grobo and not really a big deal since you’ll be clipping those leaves in a few weeks.

What I did to reduce the burns was to add an additional cup of RO water right into my reservoir after I did my drain / fill. This should reduce the concentration of the nutrient solution to allow it to be more palatable for her.

1 Like

Here she is day 11 of 14 early vegetation stage. What do you guys think?

She’s an auto seed Northern Lights just in case…

2 Likes

This might be a thing… is your Bottle #5 being used?

2 Likes

the new growth still seems spotty, what does your nute bottles look like?
I would do a drain > recalibrate probe > fill and put in a support ticket just in case.

1 Like