First grow - Input very welcome

Day 36. Late Veg 4/14. Trimmed a couple fan leaves and attempting to spread her wings a bit. Wasn’t going to try anything but seemed very condensed so I went after it. If you think I should pull out the restraints…please do tell. Thank you as always.

2 Likes

looking good! you’re definitely going to want to extend late veg for sure though.

3 Likes

Another thing you might want to consider…
Your nuts bottles number 3, 4 and 5 will probably run out before the end of this first grow.
Bottle 1 and 2, not so much because it’s your Ph up and down. If you use distilled water, you should barely use those 2 bottles. But 3, 4 and 5 will run up quickly once you get in flower stage.

Your plant will grow up to the end of 1st week of flowering. Basically, from the moment you swicth to transition to the end of the first week, the plant double in height.

Another thing that might be nice to know, you can start your seeds or clones earlier, outside the grobo, and transfert them later. This way, you can finish your current grow and take some advance for the next, a few week shorter is always welcome.

The grobo start do this job pretty nicely, or you could start them on the side.

5 Likes

Hey @Ben,

Great advice on this thread, thanks for sharing! I agree with ya 100%.

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes

Cooler temps have certainly helped. Starting to understand where and when to trim. Probably still cutting a bit too much off. Trying to follow the rule of no more than 20% at a time now. Definitely will be adding another week or 2 to late veg though.

3 Likes

Power just went out and the bubbler won’t start back up. Help me with any ideas please!

2 Likes

Slowly but surely. If someone has a good trimming video, it would be very much appreciated. Have a nice weekend everyone.

Thanks

3 Likes

Day 55 - 28/35 Late Veg. Extended 2 weeks already as she wasn’t really growing upwards.

@Wake @Bplatinum9 @SilverGrobo

Should I be utilizing the 1 foot canopy philosophy as far as trimming? Trying to figure out what I can trim and when.

Always take off the hidden smaller sprouts or hold? Stephens video says to trim it clean before transition stage.

Or just trim sick leaves and any fan leaves that are truly blocking light?

Thank you all!
Marc

3 Likes

Let me start by saying that I break the rules when it comes to trimming a little, I am aggressive. I commonly trim up to 30% off a plant. I always let the plant rebound before trimming again, at least 4 days, many wait a week.

I would remove any of the large top fan leaves that are blocking light from reaching all of the bud sites. Then I would remove any fan leaves starting from the bottom that do not receive any light even after you have removed the top fan leaves. Lastly, when I see a bunching of leaves I trim, air flow is extremely important to get fat, dense buds.

Hope this helped. Cheers

3 Likes

I am also aggressive for triming.
Pretty much exactly like @Wake except i do not lollipop…
Instead i had extra lights at the bottom. So far i had great success this way
Even if it’s not so great in the Grobo as I have to leave the door open 24/7 to avoid overheat

Thank you growers. Much appreciated. I did a fairly aggressive trim by my standards. Will get after it again in 5-7 days.

3 Likes

Faaaaaaarrrrrrrr from knowing much :grinning: but I am not a fan of cutting off so much, I seen people cut and cut, even trim off smalls/popcorn near the bottom. Keep in mind even the leaves that some consider waste can be juiced and some even infused so you want some to grow. I guess maybe not if you dont juice or infuse. :smiley: Sure you do cut the big top ones that block the light and of course remove any dead ones and things near the bottom. Many add a fan at the bottom too.

2 Likes

Looks like I will be adding another week of veg again. Hopefully get a quick growth spurt.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I watched Stephens @Stephen grow video and was hoping for some clarification. Should I do a nice/heavy trim and lollipopping right before I go into transition? Or just so long as I do it before I get to flowering stage. Thank you all as always.

2 Likes

Before

2 Likes

After

2 Likes

The time has come. Going to let her go into transition tomorrow. Now I need to try and lower the humidity by 10-15%. Easier said than done in Chicago. Can’t wait to start seeing some real action.

4 Likes

Day 75 - Late veg 45/49. NOW I am letting her go into transition tomorrow morning. Humidity was way too high. Put in some fans, humidifier in the room and have the humidity around 52%. 90 degrees with 90% humidity here so it is rough. Still bushy put have trouble accessing the back of the plant. Hopefully some added height will allow me to trim easier.

Any insight is always welcome. Thank you!

2 Likes

Transition 10/14

4 Likes