First grow - Input very welcome

Flower 10/39

@Wake @Ben @Stephen @Bplatinum9

How much can/should I trim or is it too late? Very bushy still.

1 Like

4 Likes

You got a beast there Raj. What strain?

2 Likes

White Widow.

Thanks for the compliment. She is definitely not skinny.

4 Likes

Start thinning her out. Look and find some shoots that won’t make it to the top for light and remove them. Air flow and light are the keys for bud sites to develop. No light hitting the bud sites directly then no bud.

1 Like

Even though I’m already in flower? Thank you!

On day 21 of flower do your trim.

2 Likes

You’re alright Wake. I’m a big fan of the number 21! Appreciate it.

2 Likes

When you say to trim on day 21 of flower is that counting the 2 weeks in transition as flower too? So would it actually be day 7 of flower after transition is over? Just looking for clarification.

1 Like

Oh right, Grobo uses the term “transition” to describe the beginning of the flower stage so yes, it counts towards the days.

2 Likes

So I am on day 25 then. Okay to give it a go still?

1 Like

Raj I’ve been told in the past to defoliate at day 22 and again at day 42. Which would be day 8 and day 28 of flower since transition is actually part of flower.

3 Likes

Great. Thank you all. Will do a nice cleaning tonight and report back. I know I have been too delicate with trimming.

2 Likes

Flower 13/39

Really got after it. Was able to trim out spots I couldn’t reach before. My shearing skills are dogshit and lost a couple nice ones. Live and learn. Definitely gave the larger sites more light and airflow. Let her rest for awhile and see. Getting excited.

1 Like

looks great raj…now at day 28 of flower would be the next defoliation since it would actually be day 42 considering the 14 day transition is actully flower days…looks great though bro…maybe get yourself a cheap fan and point it up from the bottom…i paid like $7 USD each for these…great airflow up thru her…

3 Likes

Thank you. I do have two mini fans in there. Pulled them out for better clearance. Help my humidity and temp a lot which was a huge problem initially, along with the humidifier and ac units I bought. Chicago is not the best spot for low temps and humidity. Haha

2 Likes

I’m in the low country of ga/sc and the humidity here is NASTY. I’ve had constant temps from 78-82 degrees and humidity 40-52%. I’m a try believer in hydroguard as I’ve had no root problems and I believe that fans help strengthen the plant as @FireGuy tought me. BIGGER, MORE DENSE BUDSBUDS is the destination. Also the way it sounds you removed them for more clearance because they were hanging which would block the light. That’s why I have them pointing up into the canopy from under the plant. More air circulation and more light to the tops. WIN WIN. Hope this helps. I’m sure your girl will do right by you.

3 Likes

Haha. I appreciate the comment! I removed them just while I was trimming. They are back in now. At the suggestion of some knowledgeable and helpful members of the community, I started using hydroguard, fans, humidifier. Would have been an epic failure without them. Started bad. It’s great that everyone here is trying to help and watch each other’s back. Hope to send some good pics after she recovers.

4 Likes

Day 16/39 Flower

4 Likes

Day 28/39 Flower. Going to do a final trim down tonight. Getting sticky and stinky.

6 Likes