First grow in my new gen 2 grobo

I think if you did it today and did a fill for a top off you’d be fine. Or wait the 1-2 days and you should be fine as well, totally up to you.

2 Likes

Just did the first water change today. So the water is top off on water already. Check in the morning, it seems to be moving pretty fast at this stage so far. I will post updates

2 Likes

So my fan is not coming in when I turn the switch on. Is it built into the programming to not turn on during the germination stage on the gen 2s? @Stephen?

1 Like

No I can turn mine on whenever I want by flipping the red switch. :thinking:

3 Likes

Well that doesn’t sound good Hopefully it’s programming and not a defective fan :weary: I put a ticket in and will update when resolved

1 Like

Day 8 Germination

3 Likes

She looks great nice codeleon leaves I know I misspelled that but a lot bigger initial leaves than mine had!!

3 Likes

Update on the fan I just heard back from Todd at Grobo and he said that the fans are off during germination on the gen 2 units as well. So I guess that explains why my fan is not turning on when I hit the switch. We will see in a few days when we switch to early veg! Updates to come

3 Likes

Any chance you can post some pics of the entire inside of that unit?
I see the design has really changed! The water lines look to be located on the side instead of in front. If so, that was a brilliant idea, I always disliked them being in front!
p.s I always take my wicks out before I plant inside the grobo, I only use the wicks in the start because it has no bubbler!
:eyes: :seedling:

3 Likes

@Bplatinum9 Yea the water lines come out of the back and are held on the back or side with a magnet.

2 Likes

Not having much luck with pictures for some reason they are coming out weird in both light modes

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of draining and filling from the rear/side with the new Gen 2. We had to reconfigure our grow room to accommodate. It might be ok if the hoses were longer and could bring them forward more. Draining from the side is going to be a bit tricky. At least for us and the space we’re working with.

Gonna start a seed tomorrow and get the box dialed in.

:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Yea I could see how that could be a challenge if it were in a tight space like they are meant to be. The tubes don’t reach very far you kind of need access to the side of the machine to make it happen.Thankfully for the time being it is not a problem for me.

3 Likes

@Bobface86, @C453Y, Very helpful for sure! Thanks for sharing!
I could see how tight spaces could be an issue for the Gen 2 going forward, maybe they can put a longer hose on in the future or make options available in the Grobo shopping cart. @Stephen. :eyes: :seedling:

4 Likes

Yes - now you’re talking. I would certainly purchase a longer one.

4 Likes

Hey @C453Y and @Bplatinum9,

I see ya’ll and appreciate the feedback! Keep it coming, any other improvements to Gen 2 we can make?

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes

Hey @Stephen I noticed upon assembly that there was a spot for fan 2 on the lower circuit board? Is this unit capable of two fans and is it something Grobo plans to offer in the future?

3 Likes

I would pay for longer D&F hoses for sure!

Furthering my other post. I would even pay additional for a service contract. I may be in the minority with this idea but it would be worth it to me. I’m not as handy as I used to be and am new-ish to growing so losing 2 days worth of support concerns me.

Well we drop a Jack Herer seed in the morning so as we move along with getting the Gen 2 dialed in and producing medicine, we will certainly share any ideas we come up with!

:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

So I’m on day 17 of my grow in the gen 2 and I’ve been able to turn my fan on even in germination not that I was going to use it just yet but was just checking to make sure it was working. While we’re on the subject when should fan be started?

1 Like

1 Like