Northern Lights first grow (auto)

Thank you for the insight!!

1 Like

Get a piece of plexiglass and drill holes for air flow. Let your plant grow into it and bend accordingly. Use magnets to hold plexi so you can move up and down. Just another Smokey morning idea. :rofl:

2 Likes

I will get a piece, like a clear heat barrier, very good idea!

found a piece on amazon for 10 bucks should work perfect really just want to protect center cola!

1 Like

@Gunk @TheDogMan @Todd.grobo

Here is my plant one more time and last time for the day, I did a thorough defoliation, cut about 15-25 more leaves and cut one of the stems off that had 2 flower sites but weren’t going to produce much if any flower!

5 Likes

So I just trimmed even more off Lolli popped her some more, took some of the lower bud sites off with the lollipop, She has a crazy amount of stacking going on on 2 front left stems trying to open the plant up way more, may have went over board! The reason she is so droopy is lights off at 11 night night time for her. @Todd.grobo @Gunk @TheDogMan

4 Likes

I’d go heavier on the trim, open up the inside. This is a personal opinion, but one thing @Mpower11 said to me during my grow was something along the lines of “your trimming is on point. Most growers are afraid to go heavy on trimming but you’ve got that covered.” Don’t be afraid to go heavy when she flowering, you want as much energy to go to the buds as possible. I know this pic looks bare, but if you look at my grow, a ton grew back as well!

5 Likes

I had those in my cart too. I did not buy them. I think they would work but they are for a larger space. The Grobo is small and you can do bends with your hand just as well. With such a small space it is not too hard to fill the box with the canopy.

These work better in a tent where you have 3 foot by 3 foot to spread things out more. GENTLY Bend the colas with your fingers by twisting and bending. They will give in and bend. They harden and recover quickly.

3 Likes

OK good, I did not buy them yet and sounds like I won’t. :grinning:

I only been watching a lot of videos and just learning this now.

1 Like

I watched a lot of videos years ago. You have to take things with a grain of salt. A lot of used car salesmen in the game. Most things we do make sense after you give it some thought.

None of it is a perfect science. It is always about the journey. If you love growing and caring for the plant, the harvest will take care of itself. Sometimes you will get huge results, sometimes small. Adjust and move on…

Always remember the feeling you get just before opening the door. The Anticipation of seeing the work you did before manifest in the plant 🪴 is the absolute best. Like seeing your kid graduate :mortar_board: the 3rd grade each day. Nothing big but it sure makes you smile :smiley:.

4 Likes

It is fun and I do enjoy it. I really do not need a 2nd one, just doing it more for fun and like you said, you feel good when it does good.

I heard an old timer say before “No matter what you say you do and use, someone will say it is wrong and they do X and use X” and things like that. :grinning:

4 Likes

Thank you sir, I will trim even more since she is so early in flower push more to the buds!

3 Likes

Thank you for the wise words and feed back, like you said it is all a learning experience!

4 Likes

I did trim even more off this morning really opened up bud sites, I got roughly a 3 gallon 3/4 full over the past few days with fan leaves, mad foliage I took off her, everyday it seems like she grows just as many I took off the day before.

1 Like

I’ve been trimming almost every two weeks. Fireguy is a knowledgeable grower. I’ve studied his techniques from the beginning. He doesn’t like me because of my negativity in the beginning about my grobo being broke. But I’ve found his ways seem to be simple and productive. Also Todd has lots of grows. He’s also led me to a technique I tried. It’s exciting and a great hobby. What could really go wrong? Every grow will be different. Plus it’s extremely interesting what these plants do. I’ve definitely learned not to take this so seriously :flushed: I think I hear my plant laughing at me sometimes. :rofl: “Why so serious” Joker said. :+1:t2::joy::sunglasses:

4 Likes

LMAO, I keep forgetting it is called weed for a reason and really can not be hurt to much it will keep growing as long as it has somewhat correct nute balance.

2 Likes

@FireGuy Thank you again for all the tips and pics along the way your plants are looking great! I saw a youtube video last night where a guy took almost every leaf off his plant before switching to 12/12 due to the growth being so strong of new leaves when she started to flower, my jaw dropped to be honest when I saw the plant after literally just the scraggly stems the whole plant. Crazy
@Gunk

3 Likes

I’m leaning on that concept somewhat I guess. I will definitely not stress early on. Slowed her down a lot. But maybe it will work! I’m looking at heights and I am a little low low low low low. :rofl:fry’s add. I think she’ll start stretching this week. :crossed_fingers:t2: Yeah something would really have to go wrong to fail. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

LMAO, she will go through a growth spurt and it very well could be your plant genetics as well!

1 Like

Do these bud sites look ok for day 8 of 50 in flower? they seem really puny still? Thank you, mind you I have some on the right side of my unit that still have some green stigmas as well! @Todd.grobo @TheDogMan

3 Likes