Northern Lights first grow (auto)

I went into it thinking the northern lights was a small bushy plant but boy was I wrong lol, she is growing super tall, I have taken off around 30 leaves in the past few days and she still is that full might have to trim her way on up to allow for light and ventilation, thank you for the advice.

1 Like

How is your grow coming along?

1 Like

Your in flower now so the plant isn’t going to get much taller… Auto’s are not really my think but I feel the plant is to bushy to size up the buds…

3 Likes

That is supposed to be an easy one like I picked for my first grow. I think you will be OK, just next time I might trim up a little more before hitting flower. You really can’t see what all is going on and some of those large low ones are doing nothing.

A few weeks of Bud Candy and I bet you see a difference :grinning: but don’t do it as I think you said you might not.

1 Like

Now what do you mean the plant is to bushy to produce decent sized buds?

Thank you!

So here she is I trimmed her up a little more, what are yall’s thoughts? @Gunk

4 Likes

What day are you? I would lollipop it up so you only have about ten inches of canopy. I hear the light only penetrates so far. And your plant can focus on the top. I lollipoped early on. I trimmed today. Check it out my thread. It’s my first grow as well @Hayden_Gregory I’m using some techniques myself but won’t know until the end.

1 Like

Congratulations @Hayden_Gregory :tada: New user of the month.

2 Likes

I am on day 48, 3rd day of flower I will lollipop her some more down low remove all the little wispy leaves, and clean her up even more.

Thank you sir I got it a week or two or go, I found out last night I could add it beside my name, never knew you could add the things lol.

1 Like

I dont cut it so much as it is an auto and supposed to have a lot of popcorn type buds down lower I thought. I only took off the big leaves and maybe some of the tiny stuff the bottom 4-5 inches.

2 Likes

Thank you for the insight @TheDogMan I will have lots of popcorn buds from the way it looks at the moment, perfect knugs to throw in the grinder for one bowl worth, instead of breaking the big buds up to quick :grin:

2 Likes

I forget it’s an auto. :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It definitely looks like a producer. :sunglasses::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Just did my 6th water change Plant is coming along wonderfully last little bit of stretch she is going through it seems, I lollipopped her when I was doing the water change earlier much more air flow now, not blocking the fans as much!

3 Likes

So, my plant is looking pretty decent the top main cola is starting to develop some minor light burn, any suggestions as to go ahead and bend her over with the grobo support wires? @Todd.grobo @Stephen @TheDogMan @Gunk Thank you fine gentlemen for some insight!
Flower Day 5/50 grow day 50

6 Likes

This is one thing I never did, I did read and see some videos :grinning:, but never bent one yet.

I have these in my cart on Amazon, didnt buy them yet.

3 Likes

Sweet thank you, I will look into these, also I was just worried about light burn but northern lights is known for its hardiness in hot conditions so it “should” be fine i guess even with minor light burn!

1 Like

The thing is even If I lose some of the main cola, there are so many other damn bud sites that are lower from the light!

1 Like

I also bought some of these hanging type things for when curing.

2 Likes