First Grow - ILGM GrandDaddy Purple

live and learn, just means the next grow will be even better! still looks like you’ll get a decent yield.

3 Likes

Well she’s done time to dry n see how she works out. No wet weight but will see what we yield dry… looks to be more than I expected though!

7 Likes

I can’t believe nobody congratulated you on your harvest. Let me be the first to high five you and slap you on the butt at the same time. How is the drying coming along? Any updates?

3 Likes

- - -

@pedisniffer,

• ((#Harvesting)): (#Congratulations): :older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

Damn looks tasty from where I’m sitting

3 Likes

I messed up on three levels unfortunately…1 I ended grow 3 days before end of flower cycle because plant told me it was ready didn’t know flush was at the end of flower cycle…2 I didn’t trim sweet leaves before drying so they dried up with the buds…3 the room was way too humid like 30% so they dried to a crisp after a 5 day dry cycle in Grobo… sad. Is there a way to rehydrate in the Mason jar? So much crystals and amber hairs i think it’ll smoke good but I made some beginners mistakes that won’t happen again. I have 2 Grobos with Skywalker og in flower cycle in the other and won’t make the same mistakes with it.

2 Likes

I can’t believe I didn’t catch this! I did like the pictures before this. :rofl:

Congrats on your first harvest! Mine too was ILGM Grandaddy Purple. :tada::confetti_ball::raised_hands::clap:

2 Likes
  1. DEFINITELY, Should Have Let Her Flush…
  2. Dry Trim IMO Is Better, So That’s No Mistake.
  3. Yup… Last Step Is To “AGE” “Cure” The Buds In Mason Jars, Trim On Tray So You Catch All That Kief… The Remaining Moisture In The Stems Will Transfer… Just “Burp” / “Open” The Jars Every Day!!
5 Likes

I am doing step 3 now. But I saved her! I rehydrated her and she came back to life. I’m on day 4 of the cure process and she’s doing great!!

4 Likes

I Would Take Out As Many Of Those Leaves From Your Cure Jar…
They Seem To Hold A Lot More Moisture And Can Cause Molding. But Just Make Sure You Are Burping The Jars Well 15 Min ish And Make Sure To Shake Or Move Em Around For An Even Cure.

1 Like

I burp the jars 30 minutes twice a day and they look and smell great!

1 Like

Here it is day 5 of the cure process. The smell is serious. I wanna smoke it so bad but I’ll wait it out to enjoy fully. How’s it look so far?

6 Likes

Wow that looks awesome!

Props to you for taking a good pic of the buds…seems like most of the people here never get a good macro shot of the bud/trichomes that’s close enough or in focus enough to get a good look.

Thanks!!

3 Likes

Looks awesome. I tried mine 7 days after curing and 2 weeks after curing to taste the difference. My first grow was GDP like yours. So fruity and amazing! Only gets better with time. :star_struck::grinning::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Bud looks beautiful

3 Likes

It’s getting too dry while curing how can I increase moisture so it doesn’t get crumbly?

Humidity packs this is just what you can get they have different sizes and humidity levels

Boveda 62% RH 2-Way Humidity Control | Size 8 in 10-Count Resealable Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JV27MF4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_N-M6Fb58839D2

2 Likes

Might want to get some meters too unless you already have them…also they have different quantity packs just an idea

12 Pack Mini Small Digital Electronic Temperature Humidity Meters Gauge Indoor Thermometer Hygrometer LCD Display Fahrenheit (℉) for Humidors, Greenhouse, Garden, Cellar https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MCGDN5C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_bbN6FbH3F4GCX

2 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I smoked the GDP today…omg so very tasteful and extremely powerful! One bowl on 4 ppl was plenty to make everybody tap out including me. Im loving it. With the things learned from my 1st grow my second grow of skywalker og that’s almost done is gonna be fantastic! I finished this grow with almost 2oz and here are a few pics and some thru the microscope.

6 Likes