First Grow Ever - White Widow

Trimmed this bad girl. Maybe too much…who knows? Who cares? Apparently it does look like she’s starting to get thicker than I thought she was. Can’t wait to see what she turns into in the final 20 days of the flowering stage.

5 Likes

That’s a beast for you first grow, I’d be buzzing with that :+1:t2::facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

I think she looks good actually!

3 Likes

Great job! I’d be psyched if I were you

2 Likes

As she is approaching the final stage, she sure is getting thirsty! Changed out her water and got a “thirsty” notification 90 minutes afterwards!

7 Likes

She’s gonna fill out sooooo well!

2 Likes

Looking like she’s stacking up nicely, got a lot of good light down through the plant!

To be honest though, I don’t think the “Plant is thirsty” is tied to anything specific, I think it just says that during the week to remind you to top off.

4 Likes

Looking so stacked!

3 Likes

I assume this is why she’s called white widow! Had no idea till the lights went out.

7 Likes

Very beautiful grow

5 Likes

I wish videos were allowed. Pictures just don’t seem to do it justice. It seems to have stopped getting any thicker than the buds are now. Been the same size for about a week. Not sure if that’s strange or not, but I assume it’s normal and they’re just maturing at this point as time passes.

Anyone have a ballpark idea how much total weight this should probably net? Doesn’t have to be exact, just a ballpark range. I’m interested because this is my first grow and I’ve been out of the game so long, there is no way I could accurately eyeball it.

10 Likes

Nah, she’ll swell a lot. Just watch. It’s gonna look like nothing happened and then one day you’ll walk in and the colas will be juicy. Leave them be in flower for a few weeks. Patience is key my friend

3 Likes

Maybe 1.5-2.5 ounces. It is kinda hard to estimate at this point.

2 Likes

Thinking about harvesting now. Maybe 10%-ish of the trichomes are slightly amber. Going for more of the energetic/cerebral instead of the lazy, sit in the couch.

Thoughts?

8 Likes

Damn she fattened up goooood :slight_smile:

Are you in Flush period yet? Most people agree at least 3 days in Flush for DWC, if not the full week or 10 days that Grobo recommends

4 Likes

About to hit day 10/10 of flush in a few hours. Still @ 9 right now.

3 Likes

Oh, well if you’re at 10% amber and looking for more of a cloudy trichome effect then you probably can harvest I would think! She definitely looks ripe enough now.

3 Likes

Some buds, near the bottom, seem to still have clear trichomes. Not sure if at this point it will make a huge difference when smoking or if you’ll really be able to tell much of a difference at all.

3 Likes

Well, it’s up to you if you wanted to wait a few more days to try to let those ripen up a bit. The stuff on the bottom almost always is going to be behind the top stuff, just how it works. Depending on the light getting down there, of course.

There also is the option to cut the top buds off and leave the lower stuff to ripen for a few days.

3 Likes

As I’ve been typing it, I think I’ve talked myself into the decision. I’m going to side with patience and give the plant until tomorrow night to finish what it needs to. But tomorrow, it’s harvest time lol

4 Likes