First Grow concern

Hey everyone… so I just got my Grobo premium and I ham on day 4 of germination. I’m a little worried because the only other time I tried to grow in a POS self built box I had something sprouting out about an inch by day 3. This time nothing. The coco pod seems to be dipping into the water. Is that ok? Should I be concerned I don’t seeing anything popping out yet? Thanks all

Ps I’m trying to grow Gorilla Glue

4 Likes

I’ve seen seeds in 3-4 days and also seen a couple over a week

3 Likes

Pictures help when talking about your pod, top and bottom of res cover.

2 Likes

Congrats on your Grobo, welcome to the community, and good luck on your GG grow!!
It can take up to 2 weeks for some seeds to pop.
Did you pre-germinate in water or a paper towel? That will speed up poppage!

I always worry about how wet/dry my pod is. I haven’t made it past germination yet, and once you do you want it to dry out a bit more on top, but I had the same question and per @Dani

" During Germination, the water level is at it’s highest to keep the coco pod from drying out. This will make the coco pod drip, feel wet to the touch, and be on the heavier side. If you ever feel it’s a bit too wet, you can always gently push the coco pod up a bit in the compartment it’s sitting in. That won’t harm the seedling at all."

HTH!

2 Likes

If your coco is touching the water, try moving it up a bit honestly. By day 4 I had taken tweezers, lifted up the little piece of Cocopod on top, and then took a look. I thought my seed was a dud, picked it up with the tweezers and then saw that it had a root popping out the bottom… then carefully put it back… it survived and is now flourishing at day 37. I think I looked around Day 3.

I wouldn’t necessarily say the best advice is to grab it with tweezers, but like I said I thought it was a dud so technically it was an accident… not sure I’d have the courage to pick it up if I knew it was alive…

3 Likes

Crap…good point. I will do that lol

I just did that …thank you! I see a little white root popping out. It now looks like a little sperm Hahahaha. Thank you again for the suggestion

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! Now that I know I can take the pinch of cocopod out and look I feel better knowing it’s definitely doing something in there. I will give it a few more days and see if it pops its head out. I don’t know shit about shit and you all responding made me feel much better

4 Likes

Awesome. If you see the white root, you should be good man! Give her a day or two and report back soon! I bet you’ll find her pushing up real quick now.

P.S. is the white root facing downwards ?

2 Likes