First ever grow - Blue Cookies - Crop King

7.1 is still quite high. What did support have to say?

Maybe it’s only down to a 7.1 because it’s slowly bringing it down every hour or whatever when it’s noticing it’s still high? They had only emailed me back about the aerator. Saying that they could send me a replacement. I responded back about the nutrients and haven’t got a reply back yet @SWSVIC

Test again in the AM, if it’s still above 6.5 submit another ticket, you will most likely experience nutrient lockout at these levels. Not good for any plant and being that yours is so young the effects will be amplified.

1 Like

Push your lines through the holes a bit more and check for any kinks inside the reservoir.
Plant looks healthy, your next drain and fill should tell you if there is a permanent problem but as of now your plant doesn’t seem to be effected.

1 Like

I tell you hwat lol even though the nutrients didn’t dispense this little guy sure did perk up from my picture yesterday after the fill. I think it loves that root wizard, and the ph being spot on.
image image image image

2 Likes

What day of growth/phase are you in?

End of day one going into day 2/14 early veg

1 Like

Does this look like bad mold to anyone? The picture makes it look brownish, but in the Grobo light it looks red. Almost like it’s clay.

1 Like

It’s called trichoderma:

• stimulates root growth
  • helps support nutrient uptake
  • improves stress tolerance against possible pathogens

It usually starts as a white fuzz looking stuff that can eventually crusts into a brown color.

Since you have so much, so soon, it might just be a sign that the top of pod is too warm or too moist by a little a bit, but generally that stuff is not harmful to the plant at all and is not really a cause for concern.

To give you an idea what to watch for in terms of negatives – If you see an oily black blotch on the pod, that is something in the pod rotting away, or if you see green mossy stuff growing on it that is algae. Either of these would be cause for concern.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the insight. I’ve been trying so hard to read everything I get my hands on besides what I’ve already learned from you fellas, and ladies. Working 14-16 hours a day plus family life doesn’t really help much with time for studying. I appreciate this community more than any of you know :heart: all you people are the real mvps. Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Day 15, day 5/14 early veg. So I don’t think the little guy is liking something. Almost like his growth is stunted. I just did a drain/refill in hopes that it’s maybe a reaction to him not being big enough/ready for the root wizard. I don’t know though. My ph is good and water temp is good. He just doesn’t seem happy though. Any advice?! @SilverGrobo @SWSVIC @Bplatinum9 @vegetato
image image image

1 Like

Does look a tad on the small side.

Any discoloration of the leaves? If not it might just be taking its time in growing, or focussing on roots first.

Try pressing the button at the back of the grobo twice (slowly) when the unit is open, that should give a better light for taking pictures btw. A closer-up of the plant itself would be good to show the leaf colors.

3 Likes

No real discoloration as far as being burnt. The leaves are starting to curl in @vegetato

1 Like

I have a couple of thoughts/questions:

1. In one of your pics above, it looks like you have a few roots poking out of the cocopod:

• The number of roots look appropriate for the plant size up above, but comparing to some other grows it’s behind where it should be for the amount of time that’s passed.
    • The main thing to consider is whether or not it’s progressing day by day and growing a bit more – reviewing pics taken from the same position on different days helps to give a frame of reference.
  2. The leaves curling in might just be from the fans blowing on them. The new growth is still coming in, albeit slowly? No signs of yellowing on the leaves from inside out or outside in?

4 Likes

@vegetato not really yellowing. But the out side of the leafs are darker green than the insides. And it’s still just the four little leaves that’s been there. It seemed like everything was good through germ phase but then once nutrients were added to the mix he doesn’t like them…

The only suggestions I can think of:

• Try turning the fans down to see if those other leaves perk back up or not. It’d be good to know how high the fan was set to in the first place as well.
  • Keep watching the new growth for yellowing
    • if the light green in the middle continues to get lighter toward yellow that could be a bad sign
    • if it just keeps coming in lighter green and going darker green that’s normal and alright

Also, any idea what your room temperatures and water temps are like? It’s good to pick up a humidistat/thermostat for inside the unit as well as an aquarium water temperature sensor/display (each is $10-20 online). If it’s colder in the room in general that can make plants grow slower too.

1 Like

Mines looks the same 5/14Early Veg. It’s the fan making it to cool for her. Take the fans off her because that cause a couple of degrees cooler then the box itself. With that couple of degrees can actually be big for a stunted plant. That’s what I found out at least when my plant leaves curled under.

She is growing pretty slow to.

3 Likes

Yea I ordered a humidity/temp display for by the plant. My ph meter has a temp on it and my water stays between 69-70 degrees. And yes I moved the fans off of him. We’ll see how he looks when I get home. I may just end up turning them off till he gets bigger @vegetato
And thanks for the heads up @Mookie. I just got a notification from the Grobo app saying that my pod should start drying out now since water is being filled to the middle or whatever, and also said that if the roots need more help that I should manually add some water. I’ll be doing that as well when I get home.

2 Likes

I made it home and she perked back up once I removed the fans from blowing directly on her. I’m about to manually fill up my tank too a little so my other roots are able to soak up the nutrients as well. I’ll let you guys know how things turn out. Thanks again for the help @vegetato and @Mookie

4 Likes

She’s going to make it I think!:wink:

3 Likes