First (and a half) Grow

Looking very healthy

1 Like

Hi. New here, and first-time tent grower. Here’s what I’ve got going, so far: 5 weeks + from seed, 3 Banana Kush Autoflower. I believe they have begun to flower. Input is MORE than welcome, as I am a Newbie. Proud of these, though.

6 Likes

4 Likes

yup :_ shes flowering. Good stuff. How big is she?

1 Like

3 plants (they are crowded…next time I’ll do 1). About 2 ft tall. :grin:

2 Likes

I am learning on the Fly here. Glad to find this website!

3 Likes

Glad to have you here. Im curious to hear how everyone gets rid of mites from outdoors

1 Like

I have a few Gnats in here now. Probly from the Miracle-Grow soil mix I used. But since none seem to be around my plants, I just put up a Sticky Paper (for Gnats) inside my tent. No ‘customers’ yet.

Here’s a pic from a few days ago. As I said elsewhere, my tiny Tent is crowded. Next time, I will focus on one GOOD plant. 1G

2 Likes

@ 5 weeks. Banana Kush Autoflower. 1,000 watt (output) LED light, 3 gal bags instead of pots, Miracle-Grow soil (something else, next time), no added fertilizer yet, charcoal filter & fan set on floor. No smell yet, but this strain is Infamous for putting out a strong Banana smell, so I leave the fan on Low, just in case I’m Nose-Blind. All seems fine so far. No bugs, no Burn, no disease. They are beginning to consume a LOT of water.

2 Likes

Yea, I definitely wouldn’t use miracle grow next time. I havent tent grown at all yet but I’ve been doing a lot of research and almost all the stuff I see says not to use it bc it will continue to release nitrogen to your plant roots for up to 6 months. If you notice that the leaves edges start looking burnt, that would be why. But again, i don’t know personally. Looking great so far! Hope you have giant amazing buds! Can’t wait to see!

1 Like

Looking good. Try mixing up some apple cider vinegar with dish soap in a jar. Then cover the top with strips of tape leaving a crack for the gnats to fly into the jar. The tape will trap them in front nice they are inside. This will kill the adults. For the larvae you will need to spray the soil with Neem oil. With in a day or so the gnat problem will be finished. The larvae way your roots preventing healthy uptake of nutes…

5 Likes

If you are having fruit fly issues another option is balsamic vinegar mixed with dish soap. Mix it in a small jar and shake it up real good until there are plenty of suds. Put that near your plants and watch the fruit fly body count escalate. They are drawn to the smell of balsamic vinegar and when they land on the suds they cant fly away and eventually drown. Depending on how many fruit flies you have, you should see them on the bottom of the container that has the mixture in it. They are not very buoyant, lol.

4 Likes

Trimmed her up some more, and changed her water a day early. Turned the fans down, some of the leafs were showing signs of wind burn.

9 Likes

She’s looking look!

2 Likes

6 Likes

1 month later, and out of control growth. My 3 plants are up to the top of my tent, right into the lights. In desperation, I’m Bending the main colas etc…not sure what else to do. I can not move the light any higher. Hoping they finish flowering & quit growing soon, but every time I look, they get bigger. Possible, that I was lied to about my seeds…they might not be Autos, after all. :frowning:

They are wonderful, healthy plants. I hope I can salvage something usable out of this grow. My NEXT grow will be nice & short…Lowryder Autos.

Any suggestions? Just let them finish, I guess…

3 Likes

Did you get a scrogg for the tent?
Get some hooks that stick to the wall and peel off then hook the stems going in a clockwise position.

2 Likes

That’s an idea! Thank you. I’ll check the Dollar Store for something like that. :grin:

1 Like

- - -

• (Maybe you can make the light do [12/12] instead of [18/6] to see if they will flower): :innocent:

--

2 Likes

I’m doing that now, TY

3 Likes