FireBall's first grow

I went through the same. I would extend. I extended mine two weeks more. Strains are different. Different grows for each. As long as your grobo is working properly I would extend another week and maybe a little trim IMO. @Todd.grobo always has great advice and helps me a lot.

4 Likes

That advice was spot on @Gunk no need for me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So today marks my 33rd day in late veg with 2 days to go before the cycle is set to “transition” do you think she will make it to the home stretch :man_shrugging:t5: i.e. the bottom of the top fan? Im hoping so! :muscle:t5: What is everyone’s thoughts will she be ready?

3 Likes

I’d do a little lollipoping IMO. You’ll be able to trim more as she stretches. I’m in transition now. Check out my first timer thread in share your grow. So far it’s like 50-50 as far as trimming during flower. Some say crop top super crop at this time. Some only trim twice in a 51 day flower. Day 21 and 42 I read somewhere. I’m one day at a time here and won’t know if I did anything right until it’s over. That’s just me. I use the search bar on this website like google. It works great for finding ideas and suggestions. :sunglasses::+1:t2:

2 Likes

First grow? Let her go into transition now, shes just below the 2nd fan so you should be in the clear (hopefully, all strains are different). Let’s hope that front branch in the middle catches up, otherwise I might cut her now before transition.

2 Likes

Did I kill my plant :cry: During my drain and fill one of my distilled water jugs came from the fridge and the other two were room temp the initial temp that went in was 58 degrees and then the temp within 2 hrs rose back to remain steady at now 70 but my plant is droopy now will she recover? I can’t even believe this please someone tell me all is not lost!!! :rage:

Give it a day. I bet she stands tall again. Might have just shocked her a bit. Just my thoughts as I’m no champion.

2 Likes

You were so right I went in this morning and she definitely has recovered almost actually looks like she grew more than the usual overnight :man_shrugging:t5: :thinking: idk definitely weird but definitely thankful!

2 Likes

Transition begins tomorrow!

3 Likes

Ok I went in tough on the lollipoping lets hope I did good :+1:t5: :face_with_monocle: so new to all this but definitely enjoying the process!

3 Likes

add some time to her stage (late veg?) to recover from that haircut. After a trim like that always best to give them at least 3 days to recover and bounce back

3 Likes

Will do thank you for the tip!

1 Like

Day 1 of Transition despite giving a massive haircut and waiting 3 more days in late veg almost seems like she needs another haircut :man_shrugging:t5: I guess I shall just wait and see what is to come! Its my understanding that I should not give another haircut while in this phase.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t hurt to take a couple leaves off the bottom. I gave mine a hard trim two weeks into transition.
Am I right in doing this? I think so. I struggled a lot with what and when to trim. But my general idea is to let her grow without to much underneath. I’m going to try and leave a six to eight inch canopy maybe trim a couple more times during flower.

2 Likes

Couldn’t load pics. I post in first timer. Share your grow. Trim pics from yesterday.

Water change and hair cut day 3 days left in transition then to flower! How does she look to you guys?

2 Likes

Looks good. Let it go into flower then trim a couple fan leaves blocking bud sites. Keep in mind some of the lower stuff may not make it up to get enough light. Also the number of sites will affect it. Light to bud sites are what you want. :sunglasses::+1:t2:

2 Likes

I tagged you in my thread

1 Like

Day 3 of flower gave her a cut on day 1 and added some additional lighting which she seems to absolutely love! What is everyone’s thoughts what should I be looking for at this point or keeping an eye out for during this flower stage???

4 Likes

Big fan leaves can go IMO. :+1:t2: Photo strain? You want light hitting those tops(bud sites) down below. She looks healthy. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

3 Likes