Fans and such

Hey all,

I’ve noticed a few of you guys and gals using an extra fan for flowering and whatnot, what do you guys recommend? Do you feed the wires through the little access panel at the back? Perhaps they have magnet mount fans?

I’m getting enquiped, I think I’m a little like @SWSVIC, going all out! :facepunch:t3:

Thanks
Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Most of us use small usb fans and feed the wires through the back or front.
Just don’t feed them on the left front side because the silver plate at the bottom can spark and short out your wire if caught in when opening or closing the door.

2 Likes

Ok cool, do you have any pics or models you would suggest?

Cheers
Eric

1 Like

I use these because they are cheap if I have to replace them… Walmart for $5

3 Likes

Sweet, thanks! I guess you just plug them in an external USB connection?

Cheers

1 Like

Or connect them to a power adapter and plug in anywhere, like you would a cell phone.

1 Like

True! :+1:t3:

I have the fan below. I think it’s a quite powerful fan. I compared this to 2 similar size fans and it blew stronger winds. Had a friend who saw the fan and ended up getting one because she was amazed and thought it was so cool lol.

I’ll figure out how to hang the fan as soon as my grobo arrives :grinning:

3 Likes

Those are cool, I like the clip feature.

1 Like

Yeah I got mine off of Amazon. It was featured as a desk clip on fan much like the one above. Mine has rechargeable batteries, 18650’s that I happened to have more of and a charging dock for them so it worked beautifully, lasts me about 12 hrs a charge on speed 2 so I never don’t have some ready to go back in. I would recommend finding one that would best suit you, corded or not, but also find one with various speeds. Mine has 4 and I try to use them all, just like the outdoors, that’s just my thinking anyway.
@Aang as for clipping it to something I wouldn’t bother, I just put mine right beside/underneath it once it was tall enough.

2 Likes

I see. That’s good to know! I thought I heard somewhere that it’ll be good to have the fan blowing directly/above the flowers. Thank you.

2 Likes

Same here @Aang, I’ll tag you in stuff like this so we can share ideas and such!

Cheers
Eric

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, I can just get a couple of them cubes similar to the iPhone ones. I’ll check on eBay too… get a 12 pack of small USB fans… :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Well once you’re in flower you’ll come to see that having the fan above your canopy will be nearly impossible (I’m sure you’d be blocking sites as well from the light) and you don’t want to have it directly on it. That’s why I put it at the bottom being the furthest away. I usually blow it diagonally up and not directly on main sites

Realistically you want your fan to be blowing across your area and not right on the plants, more to move the air and then the plants and not directly agitate the plants with wind force perse but seeing as our area is a foot square thats not ideal lol. That’s why I blow up through the bottom. That’s just me though maybe you’ll find something out a little more ingenuitive than what I do lol

3 Likes

Oh, I didn’t think the fan might block some light! Thanks for the info @Russel_Richardson!

1 Like

From what I get, it’s best if we sit it in the bottom, I’m assuming oscillating would be the best, started looking around. I’ll keep you posted! :+1:t3:

2 Likes

An oscillating fan would be nice. I might move and rotate my fan a few inches every now and then :joy:

2 Likes

Good idea! I figure move the air around instead of the same constant motion.

2 Likes

hi guys,
I found a cheaper mini usb fan. Same design and features, just lower price.

SkyGenius Battery Operated Clip on Mini Desk Fan, Black

4 Likes

Sweet! :grinning:

2 Likes