Extending flowering stage?

I’ve been starting to wonder about how my expected harvest time is close to Xmas holidays and whether I might end up wanting to push out harvest by a week or so

Then I got wondering about if we have 10 days of flush, then what should my trichromes look like when starting flush mode.

So wondering if anyone has thoughts on that and the timing decisions

Also wondering if there are considerations with regards to denser vs looser buds and whether extending flowering can result in bigger buds vs just browner trichromes

Any input much appreciated.

1 Like

If I were you I would never put a time table on my grow because you will really mess up if you don’t allow your plant to grow at its own pace.

https://allgrowers.com/uploads/default/original/2X/e/e2d9ed3c5d8f00c33b5631fcbe6d7a55fc58a70a.jpeg

4 Likes

Yeah I’m trying to preemptively avoid feeling rushed if my optimal harvest time conflicts with Xmas when I might be away for a day or two at an inconvenient time - so was wondering whether I’m better leaving it for an extra week of flower or leaving it for an extra week post-flush

1 Like

Go for the extra week of flower!:seedling: Ultimately you may need it anyway!

2 Likes

Yep, it’s better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it :exploding_head::weary::+1::v:

3 Likes

@HelmutVonPants,

((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

Bplatinum9 ((#ForTheWin)): :clap:

--

:wink:

1 Like

Any pictures?? I’ve extended my flowing by a week(this week)

1 Like

So I ended up not extending the flowering. The trichromes seemed to be at a good point to start flush (cloudy, some brown)

Harvested about a week ago. (Tangerine Dream from Barney’s)

Hopefully in good shape for Xmas gift bags :wink:

13 Likes

Looks beautiful good job @HelmutVonPants :+1:

1 Like

@HelmutVonPants,

((#Harvest)): :clap:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Yield was 52g.

4 Likes

Nice that’s not bad. How was the smoke?

1 Like

Smells nice and citrusy. Smokes smooth after 3+ weeks of curing. Looking forward to trying after another month of curing.

3 Likes