Extended warranty

Hello I was thumbing through emails and realized I was sent an opportunity to buy the extended warranty … I missed the deadline due to a work related injury I’m now getting 50 percent of my salary which sucksssssss so I wasn’t able to afford the warranty at that moment. I should be getting surgery within the month and should be back to work in 8 weeks and my salary goes back to normal.

My question is will I have another opportunity to
Purchase the extended plan ? This is something I do want to purchase as we are the first buyers and we all have had issues with our units as both the grobo team and consumers learn the product.

Also let’s say we don’t get the extended warranty how would we go about fixing our unit without warranty?

@bjorn @Chris @Robyn

2 Likes

Hey Chris! I’ve responded to you via support on this one! If anyone else has any questions regarding the warranty on AG, feel free to email into support and we can walk you through it!

Robyn

2 Likes

I didn’t know there was an extended warranty. I uploaded a link to my unboxing vid to show how damaged the door was. @Stephen and I discussed the fact I really won’t know if the doors damage will be an issue until I start flowering. So if I’m fact the door needs replacing, and I really won’t know for a couple months, will I still be covered by original warranty? Thanks in advance. :+1:

2 Likes

@Osage I’d write into Grobo support with that question. They will be able to provide you with an answer to that for sure.

1 Like

Hi rouleauj,

If the damaged sidewall is producing light leak, contact support@grobo.io and we will take care of you. If anyone received their Grobo and find it’s been damaged in shipping, please contact us within 24 hours.

Stephen

3 Likes

Thanks just did. :scream:

2 Likes

I might have this same thing going on. Is this what you guys are talking about?

@Gatorsfn28 yeah, but mine is all around the top as well as both sides and top of door. My door is bowed out so you can see lots of light coming through the middle of door as well. Here’s a couple of pics:

1 Like

Yeah, I have to second this. I got my “opportunity” to buy the extended warranty today…within 6 days from now! Not at all stoked about that as I’m a teacher and won’t get paid until the end of September. I honestly think we should allow customers to buy the extended warranty any time within the first year of purchase. I paid almost 2k for this unit and I have only six days to protect myself? I think we can do better than that. Come on team let’s get this thing worked out.

4 Likes

@Osage yours definitely looks worse than mine :frowning:

I totally agree about the extended warranty. Can we make the purchase in a couple weeks to months instead?

1 Like

I have to say I have the same issues around the top and door. The light leak is very obvious. Do you think that will impact the effectiveness of the carbon filter?

1 Like

Also what is the lenght of the factory warrenty?

1 Like

Hey @Wolf

My plant is still in veg I haven’t put my filter in yet. I can tell you from past experience if you are growing a pungent strain the moment you open your Grobo door the wonderful smell will come rushing out regardless of light or odor leaks. I would have a secondary method of masking some smell if it could be a concern. The Grobo isn’t 100% hermetically sealed so some odor will come out, just a small fact. :+1:

3 Likes

1 year @Wolf

Agreed, but when you have as much light leak as my unit, then my plant hermi’ing out is a real possibility/concern. I expect smell when I open the door, but not loads if it’s closed. Hopefully they come up with a reasonable fix. $2000 is a lot of money :moneybag: that said I’m sure they will fix me up right. Grobo does care about its customers.

1 Like

Yup, I hear you. This was almost my first question on this forum. Light leaking in not out. Your unit is a different issue, I wanted to make it clear growing weed is never odourless unless maybe you’re on the space station, lol.

Ohh have a great weekend everyone, roll one up!

1 Like

Wow did not think about light getting in. I’m thinking caulk will seal the top. Won’t work for the door though

@Wolf

Here’s my thread asking about that.

External Light - Grobo Support - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Unit Damaged

I thought that was normal, lol