Extend or not?

I’m on day 13 of 14 in early veg. It is purple haze by ilgm. Should I extend early veg or wait until late veg.

9 Likes

Nope, go right into Late Veg… plant looks right on track.

5 Likes

Thanks. I’ll ask again at the end of late veg.

4 Likes

Sounds good! Late Veg is the one where we typically extend.

2 Likes

What about topping it?

1 Like

From your picture it looks like your plant has 4 full nodes and the top growth is the start of the 5th/6th node… You might want to wait a day or two and top ABOVE the 5th node…

Or you can top above the 4th node, it’s up to you… both are valid from what I’ve seen I believe.

5 Likes

I leave for work tomorrow morning. I’ll be gone a week. Do you think it would be better to wait?

3 Likes

Also the first time I used hydroguard last weekend and I mixed it in the water before fill and everything went good. This weekend I drained and filled and waited 30 minutes and added hydroguard, and the leaves dropped pretty good. What is the preferred method on this?

2 Likes

It is preferred to let the nutrients dispense first and then add the Hydroguard like you did, waiting 20-30 minutes after. I don’t know why your leaves would droop because of that, it shouldn’t really affect the plant like that.

As far as the topping… really tough call honestly. Doesn’t seem like your plant is quite ready to top above the 5th node, but if you wait another week at this point she will get pretty big… really strange timing. I am not an expert so I don’t want to give any bad advice… this is the typical topping method that most recommend below:

https://kinder.farm/content/images/2017/11/top5.png

4 Likes

You might be able to wait a week and go from there… might still be able to top once she has formed her 5th, 6th, 7th nodes etc…

Also, there is an alternative to topping which would be using LST to tie down the main branch sideways so that it kills the apical dominance of the plant without actually cutting…just throwing that out there.

2 Likes

@Todd.grobo @Bplatinum9 any ideas?

3 Likes

It’s been disconnecting from wifi 3 times today. I powered my plex server back up yesterday. I’m hoping it was just ip address conflicts. I powered the server back down so we will see.

2 Likes

I wouldnt top it yet. Wait till you get back, top and water change.

4 Likes

Will do. Thanks for the help

4 Likes

Ok so I got back in town early to top her. I think it went well.

4 Likes

Today I changed the water and took a peek at the roots.i see some browning.

1 Like

Last water change I used 10ml of hydroguard. 7.5ml the time before. Water temp never got over 74°f.
Anything I can do or should do. She is growing strong.

2 Likes

Looks good. I would worry to much about a little discoloration in the roots. They look good! Keep an eye on them and if they get any worse might have to do something. Are you using the grobo nuts or are you feeding it manually?

1 Like

Using only grobo nutes and 10ml of hydroguard 30 minutes after water change. I can lower the temperature in the room. I try to keep the inside of the grobo around 74and water temp is always around 72. Goes down a little at night. I can turn the heat off in the room or even open a window.

1 Like