Error 404

It took longer for her to kick back into action after the hair cut compared to the smaller one, by at least a day or two. I also noticed a handful of pistils on most of the upper buds die off or go brownish immediately after the haircut but that didn’t happen (or at least wasn’t noticed) on the smaller one.

Since then, it’s not been growing as fast in terms of more/longer pistils popping out and bud sites getting substantially larger along with them. She is filling out but slowly compared to the other.

It’s really apparent when compared to the smaller one, where it’s been bushing up and still looking “young” but the larger one instead appears to be older age-wise and also looks like it is just trying to finish up the buds it has.

I do hope that some patience will pay off here and they’ll both be a decent yield. The plan is to try to extend that first one as long as she’ll let me and to try keeping the smaller one in sync so both can be harvested together.

4 Likes

Hope it works out! Definitely a game of patience :slight_smile: That would be nice if they finish together. Maybe you can have one be an Indica feel and one be a Sativa feel with some variety of trichomes at harvest, that would be really cool imo to test the differences first hand of the same strain.

6 Likes

What are your thoughts about your plants’ height? Would you say plant 1 is too tall and plant 2 is too short? I’m hoping to get mine in the ideal range.

2 Likes

Yes, somewhere inbetween is best. Could’ve used a bit more training on the larger one sooner to avoid that but I didn’t until it was too late.

4 Likes

DAY 103: Flower (Day 44/53)

There isn’t as much of a scent to them compared to some past grows. The smell is very sweet and a bit skunk-like.
:skunk:

The breeder’s description of these seeds estimate around 8.5-9 weeks in flower. However, I think that since they’ve been a bit on the slow side that probably didn’t start until after week 1-2 of the flower schedule. There’s also the recovery from their big hair cut to factor in so it’s looking as though they’ll have another 3-5 weeks until flush instead of another 2-4 weeks.

That gives me some hope that they are just being slow and will stick it out. I’d like the buds on the larger one to bulk up a bit more! My bet’s still on the little one, though.
:racehorse:

Plant #1:

Plant #2:

Bonus Pics:

Got the tent going again! Glue Gelato at day 35.

Just topped her today, too:

10 Likes

Your grows are beautiful! Thanks for sharing :grin:
That stretch from late veg to flower is amazing! She looks incredible. I concur with the extension, those buds need to thicken up! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Are those clones in the tent?

1 Like

It’s not a clone, it’s an autoflower (Glue Gelato by Barney’s Farm). This one’s usually done in 2.5-3 months so it was a good first test of the tent w/ hydroponics. My parts for automation are in today!

3 Likes

Here she is today (day 38):

I’ve noticed that bursting effect (on the roots) in past auto grows after certain trims/events. I’m thinking that might be a result from the topping.

6 Likes

Hey, thanks for sharing this grow. I too bought the error 404 seeds from OCS and have started my first indoor grow with them. Its difficult to find info on growing this strain, so I’ve just been following my heart.

Not sure if the above animated gif will work, but I’m nearing 2.5 weeks into flowering, just before I give them their final haircut. Really enjoying how vigorous and bushy the plant has been growing. In the early stages the nodes were spaced quite tight. However, the stretch has landed me in some trouble with my tent size and having to find creative ways of raising my light. lol. I’ve done some LST, but seriously considering HST super cropping a couple of the taller colas now that stretching is slowing down.

Looking forward to seeing your plants mature as you are a bit ahead of me.

Cheers!
Brandon

7 Likes

DAY 109: Flower (Day 50/53)

I’m going to extend their flower period by at least another week. Trichomes are mostly clear with a few starting to go cloudy on the larger, and clear on the smaller one.

Plant #1:

Plant #2:

Trichomes:

9 Likes

Damn so close!! :slight_smile: Getting there! Been a long road for these girls

By the way how are you posting pics side by side? :stuck_out_tongue: Just now realized that

3 Likes

On the preview pane we can change to 50% 75% 100%:

I just make them 50% and then 2 fit side by side. I’ve manually changed that to 33% in some cases to get them to show up in 3’s.

Then it’s just a matter of (removing or adjusting) the spacing between them to get them on same line or not.

4 Likes

Cool… good to know.

2 Likes

The animated gif got converted to a jpg by the forum. :cry: The pic that did come through looks nice, though! Lots of bud sites and looks healthy. How many plants do you have in there?

I wouldn’t suggest trimming yours as much as I did on my larger one, by the way. That was a bit of an experiment and I figured it would be a touch too much but wanted to see how it pulled through; in the past I’ve had some strains go into overdrive when stressed that much and others have just given up on life. The smaller one could’ve used more defoliation down below, there’s going to be a good deal of larf down there.

Next run of this strain I’ll be using more bio additives to (hopefully) get bigger, smellier buds.

Welcome to the forum, too. Please do post about your grows, I’m curious to see how it progresses. :green_heart:

4 Likes

Hey thanks for the response!
I have 2 plants in there and its a bit crammed at the moment. Learning that the space of my 2x2x5 tent is more ideal for 1 healthy plant of this size. Definitely should have flowered a bit sooner too. This strain has stretched some cola sites within 5 inches of the light, with no more room to raise it. lol. Being my first indoor grow, I’m taking it all as a learning experience.

As for trimming. I’m still a nervous noob about getting too aggressive with defoliating. I see photos like yours and hope to get to that confidence eventually. I’ve been lightly trimming once a week to keep the jungle less dense as I’m worried about suffocation. I tried to super-crop a branch and immediately apologized to her and aborted. There is quite a few off-shoots on these, some I’ve removed and some have reached canopy level that I’m keeping around. I’m okay with a bit of larf on my first attempt.

Your flower is looking great on recent photos. I’m very curious how it’s going to smoke in the end. I’m noticing a significant amount of trichrome development on surrounding sugar leaves already on one of mine. The smell is mild at best right now. My fiance says it smells like rhubarb every time I open the tent. Very light compared to the outdoor gorilla glue I grew this season, which stank up the neighborhood.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I built myself an app to track this grow journey and at some point I’ll export all the data/graphs/photos/logs into a nice timeline that I can share my experience with others in a post as you have.

Looking forward to seeing your grow progress to harvest. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hello again. Quick question.

Have you had any signs of one going hermie yet? I’m gutted to report that I believe one of mine has. I’m going to blame it on light stress as this is the one that grew within inches of the light. With how tight this small tent is and it’s airflow, there is no doubt if true that it’s already pollinated some of the other plant. I’m giving it a day with close watch to confirm before I remove it. However it’s showing signs with weird lower growth and like they’ve already done the deed. Some calyx look way too happy for week 4 flower.

Gutted. But hopeful the first and better trichrome producing plant isn’t completely doomed to be nothing but seeds. lol.

Cheers!

4 Likes

I haven’t had a hermie, but it looks like you definitely have one unfortunately.

3 Likes

There is this guide online on how to deal with hermies:

Is my plant a hermie? She's growing flowers, but also balls.... Can I still harvest her buds? | Grow Weed Easy.

2 Likes

No herms here, thankfully!

If it’s just the one it probably was stress induced, though I’d still double-check for light leaks too.

3 Likes