A few months ago, while online searching for information about the strain I was growing (there wasn’t much to find), I was lead here to where I found @vegetato 's grow journal who just happened to be a few weeks ahead of me growing the same strain. So quick thank you to vegetato for sharing their grow and allowing me an insight of what I might expect. It’s in that spirit that I wanted to share a few photos of my recent harvest and a bit of info for the next adventurer.
Error404 - Pink Lemonade x Super Lemon Haze - By 34 Street Seed Co.
Grown in 2x2 tent with Mars Hydro ts600 in promix. Using Remo’s Nutrients.
You know in ‘The Martian’ when Matt Damon said “I’m going to science the shit out of this.”?. That’s like me, but with growing this weed. At least that’s how I like to think it went down after spending countless hours consuming an encyclopedia of actual science, ancient folklore and bro-science. I’m sure more of it was beginners luck and solid genetics. With the biggest thing I learned being that I love growing.
When I started this grow I went as far as building myself a basic app that I could program a grow schedule into and log everything I needed to. I’ll be saving the day-by-day logs for another time but here’s a small preview of the app:
For the most part I had a relatively pain-free grow. Growing 2 plants in the same tent. Had pH issues early on from using distilled water. Which was quickly resolved once I swapped to spring water. The strain was expected to have a good stretch and it fully pushed the space limits of my tent.
About 3 weeks into flower/stretch, one of the gals started to hermie. I suspected due to her growing too close to the light. I manually removed the sac, as well as 2 follow-up sacs a week later. Once I corrected the colas ramming into the light, the herming stopped. And I think I was pretty successful in preventing a pollination.
From this point on they began to finish completely different. It was interesting to see the phenotypes play out under the same conditions and care. Plant 1 exploded with trichomes early on with it’s bud structure being tight and dense (even popcorn nugs were dense, almost no larf), while plant 2 started to take on a beefier & leafier kush-look. She also started foxtailing. By the end plant 1 had finished on time almost exactly to the day (8.5 weeks flower). I’m still leaving her sister up another week or so.
I also left the bottom growth on plant 1. With how well it turned out, I’m going to take some lower clippings and try to monster-crop her back into my next grow.
Plant 1 photos before and after harvest:
Honestly super stoked with this one’s results. It looks like I dipped it in granulated sugar. The uncured tester bud was wonderful to smoke already…
Her beefy foxy sister:
Plant 1 has a gas + citrus profile. Plant 2 smells much milder. Like bananas + citrus. Overall I would recommend these seeds and I’m now curious to shop what else they have.
Happy growing everyone! Apologies for the long-ass first post. I know I said a lot without saying much, so feel free to ask any questions. I’ll come back and update with a final weigh in once both are fully harvested + trimmed and starting cure. I’m hoping to hit around 140g from rough estimate. Cheers!