End of Grow

Well after 190 days have terminated grow early because of root rot. Have cut down and looking thru the colas -2 have spider webs. What else can go wrong. But Iam far more educated with Stephens and Danielles help. And all of you Growers, Iam not giving up. Here are end pics of spider nest (I guess). And full pic. Is it ok to continue to dry minus the 2 affected? Only will process for edibles.

2 Likes

That really sucks. I’m sorry to hear this.

1 Like

Hate to see that’s your end result but how long was it before you seen a change til now

Sorry to hear it :weary:. Sounds like you made a great effort. As you stated, you’re a better/smarter grower because of it. Next round will be better!

2 Likes

Maybe 2 weeks. All along knew I had root rot. So don’t know when the spiders took over. Should have trimmed lower parts earlier. Might have helped

1 Like

Absolutely!! Waiting on seed now😉

1 Like

Were you using any Hydroguard or root protector throughout the grow

Yes using hydroguard for 2 months. Then the last 2 weeks Danielle told me to add recharge and bags of ice in tank to cool down root rot. Tank water usually around 70-72 F. So prob the spiders. I guess. Only have seen 2 cropping of them.

Wow just trying to see what caused it also so I can be on the lookout too since this is my first grow

Well wish I knew. Did weekly water changes. Was using hydroguard weekly for past 3 months. This grow going on since end of December. Slow to grow and thrive the entire time. I think the rot surged the last 3 weeks with temperature changes in house maybe? Sits on concrete in basement. And RH was rising. So who knows. Then something invaded the plant on 2 stalks. Will be more observant this next time.

So sorry…

My condolences :frowning:

1 Like

@Pattteg,

• (If you decide to save some): ((#Harvest)): :clap: :cry:

• (Humidity): :scream:

• ((#RIP)): :sob: ((#IFeelYourPain)): :sob: ((#SorryForYourLoss)): :sob:

• (Hope this doesn’t happen again on you):

--

1 Like

Barbara. No there was no way of going forward with this plant. Root rot managed a strong hold on this. Didn’t even know about mites until after I cut down they were well hidden.

Pat Gaskill

1 Like

Curt. Have had root rot since January. The reason it was growing so slowly. Just keep eye on root color. Any brown you want to address. Root rot changes roots to a brown .plus discharge water was the color of tea. Now about the mites - I didn’t notice them until I chopped her down. Only affected 2 stems. I should have kept the stems more trimmed back - the mites were hiding in the buds.

Pat Gaskill

1 Like

Get yourself some Neem oil and mix it with some warm water and a couple drops of soap (phosphate free if possible). Put it in a mister and spray your plants with it every week until a week or two before flush. This will help keep the mites and other bugs away along with helping to control mold.

The oil will need a surfactant (soap) or it will just float on top of the water in your sprayer. Give it a couple good shakes right before you spray.

1 Like

Chances are if they found your grow once they will find it again, so best to be on the offense.

There are other natural insecticides available, Need oil is quite easy to prep and use. Just don’t do what I did the first time and use cold water!

Already have the Neem. Thank you for the heads up!!

1 Like

Yes will be more diligent with my 2nd grow. Now I understand more ! Thank you.

1 Like