I have moved to edibles and wonder if anyone has any recipes for high quality/high powered edibles. I had no idea of the longer and sustained effects when medicating.
Following! I plan on making topicals/butter with my first grow.
Thank you @rainstorm3. I will be starting from ground zero for any kind of edible so any help or direction you can point me too is appreciated.
Should follow that up with would love to hear the tried and true recipes.
@BoldSolar I’ll be in the same boat as you. I’ve been perusing the internet but haven’t tried anything on my own (beyond brownies as a teen. Lol) so looking to hear from anyone that has good Recipes they’ve actually tried.
I’ve made a bunch of edibles before mostly cookies brownies things you can bake I usually just replace the fat source in a recipe with coconot oil I brewed up in a crockpot for 24 hours and boyyyyyy it was strong threw 2oz of various shake into the recipe and it was decarbed … can’t wait to make more …stunk up the house though lol
@rainstorm3 there is a show on Netflix I think it’s called cooking on high. It’s a cooking competition having to use oils and butters. Although not a great show, the food they make looks delicious!!
That show is hilarious but has no education value. I will post some recipes soon
I’ve been playing with the Magic Butter 2 in the office this week. Have a couple batches of killer butter, now to decide…cookies or brownies.
You could also make the chocolate chips you put into your cookies made with the butter, honey, cocoa and pinch of salt. Then you would have double stuffed cookies @Stephen. Why limit to one or the other lol
I love my magical butter machine! The Grobo and MB2 are pretty much the perfect pair for anyone who’s a fan of edibles!
Being a fan of all things peanut butter, this is a personal favorite and just sub the regular peanut butter for their “magical” recipe…it’s in the comments. I usually opt for candy for easier dosing
I made some butter in a crockpot as mentioned above, and it turned out beautifully. Another show to watch is called Bong Appetit on Vice - it is a bit more educational. I have a friend who is a red seal chef and he experimented with some caramelized peach salsa using the butter. Retrospectively, he didn’t use enough of the butter, but he was able to document a few things to help with the next recipe. Other ideas - butter on a “baked” potato with a few other herbs, add to a pasta sauce, mac & cheese, etc. The key is to know exactly how much cannabis went into the butter, and how many servings your recipe will make to understand its effects, and keeping a journal helps with that…
@seedgirl Thank you for the awesome tips!
I love making cookies. I’ll post my recipe for my cookies soon. They are no-bake peanut butter/chocolate and oatmeal cookies.
As promised my cookie recipe.
-1/2 cup of Cannabis Infused butter (or oil works too but you may have to add a little more oatmeal to have the right consistency)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 Tablespoons of cocoa
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbs of vanilla extract (I use the good stuff but the cheap stuff works too I would just add a little more)
- 3 1/2 cups of dry quick oats
- Add the first four ingredients in a 4 quart pot
- Bring to a rolling boil and hold for 1 minute. ( I always add a tiny bit more time like 15-20 seconds more to make sure the sugar has properly dissolved.)
- Remove from heat
- Add peanut butter and fold into hot mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla
- Mix in the oats but leave a little bit out. Remember you don’t want to make the mixture too dry otherwise when the cookies will cool they will be dry AF and will generally crumble all over the place. The texture of the mixture should be easily scooped out and hold its shape.
- Scoop out and place onto cookie sheet with parchament paper or wax paper and portion to the size you want.
- Go roll a fatty or load up the bong or fire on the vaporizer and go relax (gotta let those tasty treats cool right down. I like to speed up the process by putting in the fridge.)
Awesome @Stephane !! The wife would love this!
So on Cooking with Cannbis S1: E6 (Mexi-Cannabis) one of the guest chefs said when using high levels of CBD it causes headaches. Has anyone used high levels of CBD with or without the THC that gave them headaches? If so name strain and amount if possible. Research for my sons brain disease!