Durban Poison Grow

Responding well to topping and nice big healthy leaves.

5 Likes

Good call on staying with this little one, the rebound has been awesome to watch!

Stephen

3 Likes

she has huge fan leaves they are blocking a lot of light. For some reason a lot of her growth is coming from underneath. I don’t want to mess up anything. Should I trim her and if yes how should I do it? Should I get rid of the fan leaves or trim the new growth

5 Likes

Nice tight nodes! Let her grow out more and then you can trim. She’s still young and need to fill out more. If anything I’d do a little lst and separate the branches. Look up LST this will help you train your plant the way you want her to grow. :+1::v:

2 Likes

Yeah I would just let it do it’s thing for a bit longer and yeah like @Osage said some lst. If you have some magnets and some line, or the Grobo ones, you could probably maneuver some foliage around. But I wouldn’t trim for a bit

1 Like

@Mcmanis,

Let her grow a little more… She is doing great right now… You’ll be looking for the ((#4th-5th node for Topping))…

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/pruning-and-topping-your-plant-to-increase-yield/315

:wink:

1 Like

Shes already been topped. My concern is her under growth. She has a lot growing under the fan leaves. The fan leaves are huge as big as my hands they are blocking light from the underside.

1 Like

@Mcmanis,

As I recall, you should get notifications to trimming in your ((#GroboApp))… :thinking:

1 Like

Ok, I’ll look out for them. I didn’t know they exist

1 Like

Gotta keep in mind though those huge fan leaves are sucking in most of the light energy. It’s entirely up to you when and how much to trim but I would try bending leaves under or away to expose for now if you’re that concerned about the undergrowth.

1 Like

Guys my little girl is growing up. I’m starting to see little white hairs forming.

4 Likes

3.14 Update

Shes grown so much in the last 3 weeks.

7 Likes

She’s super happy!! You could go ahead and top her a couple times, and trim the big lower fan leaves that aren’t getting light. Perseverance pays off. Well done :+1::v:

5 Likes

Looking really healthy! Why are your #1-2 hoses disconnected?

I was cleaning something that spilled. And had not put them back in yet. I connected them back tho.

3 Likes

@Mcmanis,

-

((#GreatSave))… ((#SuperHappyAndHealthy))… :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hearts:

2 Likes

All I gotta say is I am not good at tying my branches out of the way. It’s a horrible job I’ve done, lol. I made sure not to stress it. It’s very not aggressive training. I just parted the branches a bit so the light can hit underneath. :crossed_fingers: I also topped her to encourage more branches. My stems are getting thicker. I’m hoping this helps. I only have to days left until my light schedule changes.

2 Likes

You might want to ask to extend your grow so she can have more time to get bigger and give you a higher yield but keep an eye on your nutrient bottles you might as well order more because you will need it if you decide to extend your vegetative stage

2 Likes

I already extended. She has a stressful life. I figure shes like 10 days behind where she should be. But I’ve added an extra month on to my time.

2 Likes

You added an extra month now or already and you’re near the end of the extended month?