Dry Wick and Peat Pod

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I could use some sage wisdom. I’m on day 10 of germination, and when I went to check on my little lady, both the wick and peat pod are quite dry. When I attempted a top up, the app said my water levels are optimum. I upgraded my firmware and got the same message. I also checked my water level sensors and all seems okay (granted this is my first grow, so I’m not entirely sure what to look for). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m in a Grobo 2 premium for reference.

5 Likes

My first grow as well but when mine was in germination both the wick the peat pod were wet. If you squeeze the peat pod you could tell and the bottom was very wet after a day.

3 Likes

In germination and early veg, water level should be at the high sensor. If you’re topped up and your wick and pod are dry, check to see if you’ve got bubbles from the air stone in your res.

2 Likes

I definitely have bubbles from my air stone. Here is what I’m seeing.

4 Likes

Wick looks wet, and you’ve got a few little roots popping out the bottom that are gonna get wet from the bubbles…you’re good :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Amazing. Thanks so much for the help!

1 Like

The hoses on the gen 2 can lift ur top up some, try and see if those are in the way and not letting ur pod go down to where it needs to. You do have roots so that’s good.

3 Likes

The top is definitely all the way down. Fingers crossed she is getting the water she needs. Thanks for the heads up though! I’ll keep an eye out.

2 Likes

I had the same issue before and my seed died. This time, I am using this to wet it a few times a day for the first week or so until I can see roots “hitting the water”. I know a bad picture, I could not get to the light switch.

2 Likes

I’m thinking about doing the same just for some peace of mind. Are you wetting the pod or just the wick? I don’t want to go overboard.

I just squeeze out a little right on top, then is gets absorbed down. Seems to be helping as mine already sprouted this time. Don’t squeeze so much it sits on top as it can a little. A little squeeze a few times a day is all I do. Hopefully another week and wont have to anymore.

2 Likes

Awesome. Mine has sprouted and has lots of roots, but nothing long enough to touch water yet. So hopefully this fix will only need to be short term. Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

Be careful wetting your pod directly. If you get it too wet, you could cause damping off. If your roots are still growing, they’re getting water.

4 Likes

How much did you give for your grobo 2 mate