Drooping leaves

Quick update. I used the support racks to gently prop up the leaves. I noticed some brown spots on them now, however it looks like the plant is sprouting some new leaves in the center so I’m not sure what to think :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

She’s all good @looneytones could be minor nute burn, could be that she didn’t like her leaves resting on the floor. As long as new growth is looking good and the spots are not spreading, you’re in great shape. Good move with the support racks. :+1:

3 Likes

@looneytones,

• (#BrownSpots):

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=brown%20spots

• (#RustSpots):

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=rust%20spots%20

Week 11 Notification

image Stephen Grobo Team - Horticulturalist

A magnesium deficiency, for example, will cause brown rust like spots on the leaves, time for a spray of epsom salt! Bottom line? If the leaves are doing something odd, the plant is struggling for some reason and it is a good time to troubleshoot.

- - -

• ([CalMag] is Bottle #5):

• (Your New Growth looks Good): :green_thumb:

[support@grobo.ca] :ticket: :tickets:

--

2 Likes

It appears to be getting a little worse… I see a spot on one of the new leaves now and the originally spotted leaves are now covered. I opened a support ticket

1 Like

Good move opening a ticket. If it’s spreading then there certainly is an issue. Do you happen to have a pH meter of your own on hand?

1 Like

Some things that might help to know:

• what kind of water are you using, and are you adding any extra additives in the water?
  • have you done a water change recently?
  • do you know the water temperature or general room temperature?
  • do you notice it using much of the pH up or down (pic of bottles helps)?
  • do you notice it using any of the nutrients after water change (pic of bottles helps, has the level gone down at all on any of them)?
3 Likes

I am using RO water with Hyrdoguard.
I just did a drain and fill last night.
It definitely is using some of each bottle, I have attached a pic

temp in the box stays around 75 degrees and water temp stays around 70. Humidity usually stays around 40%. Unfortunately I don’t have a PH meter on hand but will get one ASAP

2 Likes

Solid group of questions, bookmarking that to share with others if you don’t mind.

1 Like

Great that you had that info ready :slight_smile:

Checking pH would help to rule out probe calibration. It does seem to have used a bit of pH down already; it might also help to start marking the levels on bottles before each drain/fill to get an idea of how much it uses over the course of the week.

3 Likes

Good idea I’ll definitely mark on the next d&f.
Just ordered a PH meter from Amazon, should get here Saturday. If the PH appears off, that would be an indicator that I need to recalibrate my meters, correct?

1 Like

Yes, hopefully support will respond tomorrow and get you an answer. You may also want to add a pH calibration kit from BlueLabs to your amazon order also.

Bluelab CAREKITPH pH Probe Care Kit with Calibration Solution, Storage Solution, and Brush

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KM14Y18/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4x7bFb709YZBC

1 Like

That’s correct, if the pH isn’t somewhere around 6.0 (+/- 0.5) it’s probably in need of calibration.

I’ve wondered if (and how well) they might be calibrated from factory, we assume they are but you can never really be certain of that without checking.

4 Likes

Quick update. Grobo support said they raised my pH level a week ago. I have since received my pH meter and the water is 5.8

I’m really not sure what to make of it. Although the plant seems to be growing each day, the brown spots slowly start to consume the new leaves. I drained and filled on Wednesday and was sure to mark where the nutes were at. It seems like it has been using a bit of each bottle.

1 Like

Should I clip the leaves that are completely covered?

1 Like

Tough call on this one, the leaves clearly aren’t doing anything good for your plant however I don’t know how it will take the added stress as she is already under a good amount. Have you checked out this tutorial on diagnosing and fixing common issues?

2 Likes

Thanks for that resource. From looking through that I think it is safe to say that it is a calcium deficiency. Luckily I ordered some calmag a few days ago that should be arriving soon, hopefully that will do the trick.

1 Like

Update, day 50

2 Likes

Here’s a pic from above. Still a some minor spots on the leaves but much better than what was going on initially

1 Like

why does water and room temp matter, im having this same issue rn

I just recently finished my grow, and when I was taking the plant out of the grobo I noticed my issue. A huge root had grown right through one of the sensors causing it to have misreads throughout the grow. If you’re having the same problem I would carefully open up your reservoir and inspect the sensors to make sure they’re ok.

2 Likes