Drip irrigation - anyone using this?

Hey fellow growers,
I am about to start my first grow in a tent. So I am preparing and doing the basics research again, just to be sure and I wondered if anyone had experience with drip irrigation and if this would be a feasible thing to do or just not worth it since you want to add nutrients via watering anyway?
Has anyone any experience with this?

Cheers

1 Like

Yes, autopot system. You mix nutes in the res and it’s gravity fed. There is a device that works kind of like the ball in your toilet tank. As the plant feeds, more water is let in to fill it back up. I actually prefer to hand feed at this point. Will utilize the autopot when I can get a good three tent rotation. But yeah, check out the autopot system :+1::v:

3 Likes

Most bug facilities use this system in one way shape or form… the hardest part is figuring out how much and how soon your pits dry… you can setup the drip system in containers and measure how much comes out for per minute or however yiunlike

2 Likes

awesome, thanks for the replies, i will check out the autopot system.

2 Likes

@PineappleDon I am currently setting up a drip system for my tent. From previous experience I’ve found that it’s not completely automated but can lessen the amount of labor needed. Filling the reservoir every few days instead of watering daily. It does take a little time to tweak the amount needed and what to set your timers at. Unfortunately there is no blueprint to timing as it will be based upon your choice of medium and your environment but once you get it dialed in it becomes more of a monitoring chore.

2 Likes

I’m thinking about doing this in my tent but not sure … I have time though as I just popped seeds

1 Like