Dosage for hydroguard replacement

I Can’t get a hold of hydroguard where I live, I’ve been looking for about 2 months now, I give up.
I think I found a fairly similar product that I can get easily, but not sure if it’s close enough, and if so, what dosage to use.

The product is Rhizovital, and from their product spec sheet, it only contains Bacillus amyloliquefaciens.
The strain is FZB 42 and the liquid has concentration > 2,5.10^10 CFU/ml.

I have absolutely no idea how it compare to the concentration of hydroguard, and since the one I’m getting is a bit pricey, I don’t want to overshoot it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

do you know what your waters temperature is at? if not why buy it?

1 Like

At the moment, I’m using a chiller that will work great most of the year, so temp are at 19-20c.
But without it, the tank would be betwen 22 and 26 during this time of the year :sweat_smile:

With summer arround the corner, It’ll become just impracticle if temp outside are above 25c, so my plan is to just manually switch off the cooler when it reach those temp and use beneficial bacteria instead.

1 Like

Arn, I live somewhere Dry and can be quite warm. My temperatures sit at that all year and i dont have any issues. I would say your issues will hit you in the 28 or higher area. That being said, inside your grobo would be quite warm and potentially power off so i wouldnt be so worried about the water. I take it your canadian talking in c and because you cant get hydroguard. Honestly, save your money. But ultimately make what choice your comfortable with.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for the feedback, if it’s not that much of a concern, then I’ll see how things goes with my next grow and take a decision from there.

1 Like

your problem can easily be solved by changing the light schedule from being on during the day (hottest time) to the night (coldest time)

3 Likes

I actually never thought of doing that, and it make perfect sense.
Would the plant mind if I change the light schedule right away, or do I need to wait for my next grow to do that ?
I guess I could also move the off time by one hour each day ?

2 Likes

I wouldnt do it slowly all at once or not at all. However if your in veg you can just switch when you go to flower. If your in flower i guess you could do it now but i wouldnt recommend it. Some plants are more sensitive then others and can know when there is supposed to be light.

1 Like

What’s the time when you go into transition? 12 on 12 off? My unit runs 78 - 81F during the day and 74F at night. I use 1 teaspoon of hydroguard every drain fill and I have no issues. That’s a great idea of having the lights off during day and on at night once you go to 12 12. Thanks. I learn so much reading all the back and forth, suggestions, advice ect….GREEN CRACK

5 Likes

Once you’re in day 1 of transition with a photoperiod youll be on 12 12. Go into settings/ light schedule and change it from whatever 12 hours it defaulted to based on when you planted it. Slide the bar to your new on off time. Save and your set. Mine run 8pm to 8am. That way i have time on any end of the day to step in if needed. I do check on them every 12 hours.

4 Likes

Valuable info. My water temperature is 80 f.

2 Likes

Me too.

2 Likes

1teaspoon of hydroguard every drain fill. I add it about 20 minutes after the grobo dispenses Bottles 3,4,5.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I appreciate the info. My house is 75f. Cold enough for southern Arizona. It’s still 100 degrees here. I got some fans and hydroguard today. Water change Wednesday. Lots of great info for me. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

You’re welcome brother

2 Likes

Id wait an hour after your drain and fill so your ph has already corrected. As ph is only read every hour. Then add your hydroguard. Youll use less bottles 1 and 2 adjusting

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Great advice. I’ll start on the next D/F. How does she look? Day 7 of transition.

5 Likes

Can’t wait for mine to grow up. Looks great :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks G. What are you growing?

1 Like