Door won’t unlock [RESOLVED]

When I set up the grobo the door would open and close. Now my door will not unlock or open. I have used the app and the button on the rear of the grobo. I have applied pressure to door as recommended and it will not open. I do not hear a click when using app or button to unlock.

3 Likes

OMG…this drove me nuts at first…the instructions say hold the button on the back for 3 seconds…so like a good little direction follower…I count 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3 mississppi. No bueno. After 5 or 6 HUNDRED tries, I learned that 1 mississippi is enough mississppis.

3 Likes

I had a slight issue with opening my new Grobos as well. Have you tried unplugging and power cycling the unit?

There’s a trick to opening the door successfully. I have found it’s best to push “in” and “up” with my hands on the top right corner of the door. This IN and UP motion seems to disengage the lock lever the best. You should even hear a click sound when it disengages. Afterwards, I did bend the metal hook latch on the door so it opens and closes better.

2 Likes

Tried that already

1 Like

When you push the unlock on app or computer does the light change in the grobo

2 Likes

Blue slow flash

1 Like

With mine I press the upper right-hand corner of the door after holding the back button for 3 seconds.

2 Likes

I found there to be too much tension for the door to unlock otherwise

2 Likes

I have tried and still locked. Hope this gets resolved soon. Have a baby in the grobo start.

3 Likes

@jeff I had the same problem once. I was able to take the back 2 screws out on the lid and lift it up a little. I unplugged the lock button and unscrewed the backer nut. I saw that one of the wires broke. I just stripped the wire and put it back together. Then plugged back in and it worked. Maybe look there.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth my door :door: only locked :lock: when I would put something underneath it to lift it a lil looks :eyes: like it was off a lil when they were putting it together I never bothered :confused: for it cause I just don’t lock it still closes an opens so I just left it no issues still had a successful grow so who needs a lock :closed_lock_with_key::+1:t2::dash::seedling:

3 Likes

Best thing my opinion put in a ticket with grobo direct to fix this issues

5 Likes

Hey @jeff,

Please email our team support@grobo.io and we can assist. Great feedback on this thread already for sure! We will be asking for some photos of the door…

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

Will send a video tonight.

2 Likes

I have tried opening many different ways. Grobo wants a video but the file is too large to send. Should I open up the rear panel to see if I can access anything to do with lock/door being jammed closed?

Hi there, for the video you can upload to youtube. It’s relatively easy and free. Or I think google drive also has the ability to share via a link.

2 Likes

What’s the update

Trying to find a way to upload the video. My phone is old.

Ok when you press the unlock button on phone what does the unit do

Nothing not even a click