Door is not right maybe?

It’s super small and i’ve never looked for anything that size that might fit. Also (it’s been a while) i can’t remember if it’s mounted to the metal panel or not. If it is, vibration alone will cause the panel to rattle.

That noise might just be one of the electrical wires of the air pump rattling against the back wall. That’s usually fixed by reaching in that little trap door on the back and pushing the wires away from the wall.

4 Likes

I can look at that too. I should have waited to start the grow, but were anxious.

1 Like

@vegetato My man!

2 Likes

I stuck my fingers in there blindly and think the air pump is a little loose. There is something right to the side of the hatch and if I press on it, it gets lower and louder. Once the grow is done I can look at it more, but whatever that is, it is making all the noise.

I removed the plastic bottle we were trying and the sound is still about 50% less than before, so this seems to be it.

1 Like

Can you post a photo @TheDogMan of the magnet in the lower right corner of where your door is opening and closing with the light leakage?

2 Likes

I went and looked and entire bottom is loose nothing seems to be holding it closed.

2 Likes

Is this it? Not holding anything closed.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with my bottom corner. The magnet doesn’t touch

2 Likes

We ordered that air pump you said as this is loud, all the sound is from the pump. It would be so quiet without it.

How do we disable the internal one once this comes? You can private message me if you need.

1 Like

Ya my door looks exactly like this but im having other issues at the moment. Not with the unit but with my pod breaking apart at the bottoom…Ive removed the broken pieces, losing some of the roots but the remaining roots have exploded in just 6 hours. My water temp is holding at 79.1 which i understand is high and my champer temp I have gotten down from mid to upper 85-90 down to 82 degrees. Also I have gotten some hydroguard but dont know how much I should put in. I put 1/2 teaspoon which is a little over 2ml. Any advice…*?

2 Likes

This was our first time and we were worried about the pod too. I had to be really gentle trying to push it down the full amount. There seems to be a few versions of Grobo and some the pod should be level and others it needs to be an inch or so down. I had to double look at ours to make sure which one it was.

The Hydroguard we used too, I was not sure either, but used 2 teaspoons full, about 10ml. I saw things saying 7 but 10 was easier to measure. :grinning: If wrong, I can adjust next week water change. I also saw something it is hard to overdo with it, so a little extra is not bad.

With water temps that high, i’d be putting in 10-15ml, but I don’t know if it’ll work. That’s the highest water temp i’ve seen so far and I’m not sure if there’s a point where the good bacteria that fights off root rot dies.

2 Likes

Just as an FYI. I hit those water temps and higher and have yet to have root rot kill a plant of mine. As I don’t use hydroguard, I would defer to you to use what it states on the packaging.

4 Likes

Depending on water temp, i’ve always done anywhere between 5-15ml…so 10 should be fine.

2 Likes

Hello, I too saw different suggestions on the amount of hydroguard to use and I used 1 teaspoon per gallon. I had pod issues so I cleaned them up and lost some roots but the roots grew a ton overnight and she still looks ok. Heres a couple pics of before and after cleaning the loose pod up I think I saved her butt.
unnamed (1)

2 Likes

@FireGuy I took your advice and 1 tried to push the pod back up together but if kept falling back down so I cleaned it up, added hydroguard and IMO she is looking pretty good for all Ive put here thru. THOUGHTS?

2 Likes

The only thing I would say is unless she’s completely falling over sideways I’d remove the toothpicks. Think of it kinda like a crutch, if she’s supported she won’t have to strengthen herself to stand tall. If she’s just leaning a little you can take them out. If she just falls completely over you can leave them.

As for the hydroguard as @Todd.grobo said, just defer to the bottle for dosing…res is 3 gal I believe. Gotta say he’s super lucky not to get root rot with temps that high without hydroguard.

3 Likes

Thanks for all your help sir. Tooth picks beinbg removed.

2 Likes

I have my own tricks that have worked!

3 Likes