Do I need hydrogaurd?

I keep reading about root rot and dampening off ( do I have that right), and am horrified. I see a lot of talk about Hydroguard, should I use it as a preventative measure?

Are there other things I should have on hand “just in case” for a successful Grobo grow?

TIA

4 Likes

Hydroguard is not available in canada and is not required. The only requirement is a spare pump and aerator or air stone. Everything else is considered an extra or modification

2 Likes

Question is how much extra do you want to spend lol. Some crazy nice mods in here

2 Likes

If your water temps are above 75 F you need hydroguard

4 Likes

I guess I’d like to increase the odds of a successful grow within reason, after all the Grobo itself was a pretty big spend.

2 Likes

Well depends where you live, the rooms airflow and average temperature and humidity of your house will determine the rest.
I live in canada and havent used hydroguard or a substitute and it gets 30 plus celcius sometimes as hoy as 38. I dont have a c for 5 days a year. The rest of the year is zero humidity and cold so it works out
My problem is keeping moisture high enough without puting the grobo in a tent to manage it. Some are though

3 Likes

I think hydroguard is good for clones. My first grow I didn’t use it but my second grow I failed. I’m on my third grow and it wasn’t looking good but once I used hydroguard it lookin a lot better.

2 Likes

Tell me about it m8 :roll_eyes:!!!

Still using Hydroguard though :wink::rofl:

2 Likes

Even in my tent the highest i can average is 40 %

1 Like

When I Finally get my meter off that bloody Slow Boat :roll_eyes:

I’ll let ya know :wink:

Being :uk: I don’t really anticipate any real issues more info base & for a cheap :rofl: im even waiting on:

Lovin the openness of this whole forum lark btw :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Mind the gap!

2 Likes