Do I have a problem?

Hey everyone… im way new to growing and wondering if I have a problem. I’m on day 23 and the plant seems healthy but small. Roots look really good.Looking at everyone else’s around this time they all seem much larger. I attached a couple of pics. I’d love

to know all your thoughts please. She is a Skywalker OG grown from seed. Let me know if there is anything else I could post that would be helpful.

3 Likes

Hey heretic, first of all your pod should be higher unless you have a sticker in the hole. It should be flush with the top of the lid. Secondly, a picture of your nutrient bottle levels would help as well.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for responding!! I do have a sticker but the pod did seem to puff up a little when I pushed it in. I attached a pic of my bottles but let me know if a better pic is needed. I also put a pic of my roots.

4 Likes

Looks to me like your bottle 5 is not dispensing. Most people mark their 3,4 and 5 bottles after each drain/fill to track if they are dispensing. If you do a drain/fill tomorrow or today, mark the bottle before drain, then check an hour later after fill and all three bottles should be lower. If they are not, check for kinks in the lines. The ticket should give much more info but that would be my guess. If 5 isn’t dispensing, growth will be slow and further issues down the line. If it doesn’t dispense within an hr, you can always manually dose number 5 at 10ml until your issue is sorted out. If you turn your bottles sideways so it’s not label facing out, marking and tracking levels is easier :wink:.

I got my posts mixed up :grimacing:, submit a ticket to support to have them check your unit data.

3 Likes

Will do!! Thank you very much. I will also start marking a line on the bottles. Didn’t even think about that!! Thank you thank you thank you !!

4 Likes

No worries man! That’s what the community is for.

3 Likes

looks good to me other than your pod was low.

2 Likes

What kind of water are you using @Heretic04 you have a lot of Bottle #1 and Bottle #2 gone.

I would recommend looking into a pH probe health check. I’m kinda thinking maybe your pH is too low, since it’s using #2 a lot dropping the pH very frequently… This, in turn will make your EC reading go up… if your EC reads too high at an extended period of time then bottle #5 will not dispense! I was confirmed this by Grobo support because a week ago or two I had a problem where #5 would not dispense. This is just brainstorming, but bottle #1 also looks like a good amount gone.

If you’re using tap water, this could explain a lot also why from what I think I remember, #5 isn’t used as much or hardly at all with tap water because of the contents of typical tap water…

3 Likes

How long did it take to her to pop? If it took her a little longer to pop, then it seems to me that that could also be a reason why she seems a little behind. She looks healthy and she’s growing, trust me I feel like I was just there about a week ago maybe…?? It shouldn’t take much longer!

1 Like

He has an older unit with sticker so the pod is below, maybe less than it should be but lower nonetheless.

I agree with @pyromancy, I was just thinking bottles 1 and 2 dispensed a lot for day 23. Wondering what type of water you’re using. You might want to clean and calibrate your probes.

1 Like

Hey thanks pyro! I’m using distilled water from jugs I buy at the store. I had my pod at the ticker line but it seems to have puffed up quite a bit. I guess I will open a ticket and have them take a look and make sure everything seems ok

1 Like